All this about boxing, how about Conor v.s Buakaw in MT/kickboxing

straight6

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Its much closer to MMA than boxing where all stand up strikes (hands, elbows knees and kicks) are utilized.

Buakaw is about the same size and weight, pretty sure they can both fight around 150ish. Conor v.s Buakaw, who takes it?

Buakaw by execution. Thai fighters are simply on a whole different level of endurance, he'd stop him quickly or make him suffer until giving up.

Buakaw is past his prime

Prime Buakaw murders Conor in K1 or Muay thai rules

I don't usually chime in on hypothetical match ups, but I gotta say I think Conor gets obliterated in this fight.

It would certainly be more fair than boxing where he can't use kicks. It's really hard to readjust your timing and spacing when you're used to being able to teep and headkick at will.

He'd probably get wrecked at the top tier, but top tier K-1 god Overeem has been molested in the UFC by inferior strikers thanks to the gloves, cage and takedowns. It's pretty embarrassing that someone with such an amazing pedigree was KO'd cold by Bigfoot.

its fucking buakaw... how would anyone ever do in a fight against him? there is your answer

I misread the title. Thought this was Conor getting a bukkake from nuthuggers.

Buakaw would break his legs
tumblr_m4x8egQM521rvlqo6o1_250.gif

Im not a conor hater, but his style is not nearly as effective with bigger gloves, hard to slip those counters on a defensive thai guy using those mits as a sheild, with a kick heavy game

Conor has the better boxing, and MT fighters have horrible headmovement and boxing. Conor also SEVERELY outsizes Buakaw. I wouldn't be surprised if Conor whopped his ass to be honest. He's a boxer on a different level, and while he isn't used to MT rules...he knows how to kick and take kicks (in general). So he wouldn't be COMPLETELY out of his element.

If I'm being honest, I'd take Conor over Buakaw based on the size difference

Conor has the better boxing, and MT fighters have horrible headmovement and boxing. Conor also SEVERELY outsizes Buakaw. I wouldn't be surprised if Conor whopped his ass to be honest. He's a boxer on a different level, and while he isn't used to MT rules...he knows how to kick and take kicks (in general). So he wouldn't be COMPLETELY out of his element.

If I'm being honest, I'd take Conor over Buakaw based on the size difference

conor definitely has edge on boxing. but its a MT/kickboxing fight. also they are about the same size. Buakaw is as much 5'9 as Conor, he aint no mendes , etc. weight wise, they both fight around 150. Yeah conor fought at 170, but he is very undersized at 170.

Its much closer to MMA than boxing where all stand up strikes (hands, elbows knees and kicks) are utilized.

How much do they pay you in Thailand, like 50 bucks and a sucky sucky? Sure man, I'm sure Conor can't wait.

it'll b similar to this, Buakaw kicks shutdown Conor's left arm

Back