Conor McGregor has become the best known combat athlete in the world - has message for competitors:

cigano

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

We all know that his PPV numbers now dwarf those of boxing.

I had the misfortune of sitting through the David Haye v Bellew press conference the other day. Even the boxers have started to copy Conor. "I'm the biggest payday you could get, I'm the money fight, you bum, I'm the biggest in the fight game" etc etc. Talking like him, dressing like him. Unfortunately for those two losers, they're not even close to Conor when it comes to combat ability but that's not the point of this discussion.

The point is that McGregor has undoubtedly become the household name when it comes to combat sports now. Mayweather keeps talking about him because it's the only way he can stay relevant. Mayweather is probably the best boxer of all time but simply put no one gives a fuck anymore. His "fight" with Pacquiao was a snooze fest. Nobody wants to watch that again if we're being honest. Talk of a bout with any other fighter apart from McGregor won't do anything for Floyd.

It's a shame Conor doesn't fight at the higher weights. I think he could have become the first ever simultaneous boxing and UFC champion.

But I digress. With McGregor in the UFC, we finally have someone in MMA who can bring the sport into the limelight like never before. Give it more air time and publicity than any other combat sport. Yet all we get is people whining all the time.

That's all for now, folks. Have a good weekend.

Don't feed the troll.

fanboys bow at Conors feet like wayne and garth

"We're not worthy!"

Conor would pull counter KO that little bitch Gayweather. Easy work.

giphy.gif

Sorry Conor, but Rothwell already patented that one.

Are you sure they are dressing like Conor?

Maybe they're just swaggerjacking the same guy that Conor is swaggerjacking...

f382bf1b51a6fe2c1a8cca32922f0200.jpg

tumblr_mv98uhKRiA1s3mh3po1_1280.jpg

We all know that his PPV numbers now dwarf those of boxing.

I had the misfortune of sitting through the David Haye v Bellew press conference the other day. Even the boxers have started to copy Conor. "I'm the biggest payday you could get, I'm the money fight, you bum, I'm the biggest in the fight game" etc etc. Talking like him, dressing like him. Unfortunately for those two losers, they're not even close to Conor when it comes to combat ability but that's not the point of this discussion.

The point is that McGregor has undoubtedly become the household name when it comes to combat sports now. Mayweather keeps talking about him because it's the only way he can stay relevant. Mayweather is probably the best boxer of all time but simply put no one gives a fuck anymore. His "fight" with Pacquiao was a snooze fest. Nobody wants to watch that again if we're being honest. Talk of a bout with any other fighter apart from McGregor won't do anything for Floyd.

It's a shame Conor doesn't fight at the higher weights. I think he could have become the first ever simultaneous boxing and UFC champion.

But I digress. With McGregor in the UFC, we finally have someone in MMA who can bring the sport into the limelight like never before. Give it more air time and publicity than any other combat sport. Yet all we get is people whining all the time.

That's all for now, folks. Have a good weekend.

His words fall as flat as his non-existent pectorals.

3rd time posted today so I'll be happy to do it again:

How ironic. That's exactly the same position his hands were when he was getting choked out. He didn't wanna follow the light so he tapped in 1.3 seconds

It's a sad comment on society that the best known combat isn't the best combat athlete.

The champion's clause in UFC contracts ensures he could never hold titles in MMA and boxing simultaneously. The UFC would never let him take a boxing fight while under contract. This isn't a grappling event like Metamoris.

Being the best known combat athlete, and he's still behind boxers like Manny and Floyd, is akin to being the worlds tallest midget.

Nothing I've written in the OP is factually incorrect.

Read with an open mind, brothers.

Don't feed the troll.

His words fall as flat as his non-existent pectorals.

3rd time posted today so I'll be happy to do it again:

How ironic. That's exactly the same position his hands were when he was getting choked out. He didn't wanna follow the light so he tapped in 1.3 seconds

Being the best known combat athlete, and he's still behind boxers like Manny and Floyd, is akin to being the worlds tallest midget.

I would love to see that fight. It would be epic no matter how it turned out.

Back