Is DJ really that complete??

Chitaouri

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Of course he puts it all together extremely good, but when I hear "most complete" I think of everything including the kicking game. How are his kicks ?
I know he knocked out cejudo with a beautiful knee btw.

might be the most complete fighter ever.

well, this took a few seconds.

and in the "it's funny cuz it's true" category, here's DJ making your argument about someone else.

well, this took a few seconds.

and in the "it's funny cuz it's true" category, here's DJ making your argument about someone else.

Rouseys knees are shot aren't they?

She did throw a high kick (or as high as she could go) in the 2nd Tate fight

Yeah, but that was a few years ago and she has undergone a couple of surgeries since then. She can't shoot for takedowns either and I also assume that long term corticosteroid therapy has negatively affected both her cardio and the physique. Even if that wasn't the case, she would still be far from a "complete" fighter since her standup sucks big-time.

Anyway, I definitely think that DJ is the most complete fighter in the entire Ufc. Sure he's beatable like everyone else, but luckily for him there is no real 1shot ko power in flyweight div, haha.

It's easier to complete things that are really really small

Rouseys knees are shot aren't they?

She did throw a high kick (or as high as she could go) in the 2nd Tate fight

i didn't even watch it. it took about 4 seconds to youtube "Demetrious Johnson kicks", and then this other video was returned in the search, and i thought it was good fun coincidence.

is it worth watching?

His kicks are solid.

Even if they weren't, who would be more 'complete' as a fighter? Don't say Cruz. His sub game is non-existent and he doesn't throw very effective punches or high kicks. Aldo might be up there, but we never see his offensive grappling. GSP is closest to MM, but I think MM dominates his peers even more than GSP did.

He's as complete as they come in mma and I've yet to someone expose a hole of any significance so far...

More complete than anybody else.
Except Jose, GSP and Jones.

Yeah, but that was a few years ago and she has undergone a couple of surgeries since then. She can't shoot for takedowns either and I also assume that long term corticosteroid therapy has negatively affected both her cardio and the physique. Even if that wasn't the case, she would still be far from a "complete" fighter since her standup sucks big-time.

Anyway, I definitely think that DJ is the most complete fighter in the entire Ufc. Sure he's beatable like everyone else, but luckily for him there is no real 1shot ko power in flyweight div, haha.

Jose Aldo is the most complete fighter in MMA history. MM might be the 2nd most complete though.

Yes, just watch some of his fights, he's never at a disadvantage

His kicks are solid.

Even if they weren't, who would be more 'complete' as a fighter? Don't say Cruz. His sub game is non-existent and he doesn't throw very effective punches or high kicks. Aldo might be up there, but we never see his offensive grappling. GSP is closest to MM, but I think MM dominates his peers even more than GSP did.
We've seen Aldo's offensive grappling against strikers Like Korean Zombie, Hominick, and Florian. We've also seen his grappling against a wrestler in Lamas. Why use grappling against elite wrestlers like Frankie 2x and Mendes 2x when he can just out strike them?

there is no real 1shot ko power in flyweight div, haha.

002_John_Dodson.jpg

D'oh. Telegraphed, wild swing in a fight between two nobodies. I shouldn't even have bothered replying if you didn't get the point.

What about Lineker, Dodson, Joe B body pinch KO, MM's KO of Joe B 2?

Back