Chris Van Heerden challenges Mcgregor to a boxing match

dertdent

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
“One thing I will say is that he’s not getting near Floyd Mayweather, that’s not happening. Floyd is only fighting in Vegas, so right now, here in LA, he’s got the guy who made him look bad when boxing.

“If he’s as bad as he says he is, climb in there with me and let’s fight. We can schedule it for twelve but it’ll only go half of that.

“Conor can’t stand with me that long, he knows it and you best believe I do too,” he added.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2016...parring-i-ll-do-it-for-real-chris-van-heerden

A few steps closer, but still a million miles away? Perhaps, but one man who doesn’t think so is six-time All-Ireland champion Conor Wallace. The Newry-born Wallace was chosen to replicate Nate Diaz’s style in the build-up to that famous rematch and spent eight weeks in Vegas helping prepare McGregor for his sweet revenge.

“One thing that stood out from Conor,” Wallace told me today, “is that he is an incredibly fast learner. He is shown something and he picks it up immediately. I was only with him for a couple of months, but in that time I saw a massive improvement in his boxing. The other thing to bear in mind is that he has the one thing that is vitally important in professional boxing and that is a big punch. He has a lot of power in that left hand and opponents feel that when it lands. Given the chance to dedicate his time to boxing, rather than sharing it with Brazilian jiu-jitsu and grappling and Muay Thai and all the rest, I don’t see why Conor couldn’t be fighting for domestic titles at the very least.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/dec/02/conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-boxing-ufc-mma-fight

Someone at work told this riddle

"A father and a boy are in a car crash. They are taken to separate hospitals. The surgeon about to operate on the boy says Wait I can't operate on him, he's my son. How is this possible?"

Now the answer is that the surgeon is the boy's mother but the riddle is designed to show that people have difficulty with the idea of a woman doctor so its far from the first thought one has.

My answer of "The boy has 2 gay dads" stumped them though.

Apparently that makes me a very liberal sexist.

Anyway...

"A father and a boy are in a car crash. They are taken to separate hospitals. The surgeon about to operate on the boy says Wait I can't operate on him, he's my son. How is this possible?"

Now the answer is that the surgeon is the boy's mother but the riddle is designed to show that people have difficulty with the idea of a woman doctor so its far from the first thought one has.

Anyway...

i thought the father was a pedo and the boy wasn't his son.

Old sparring partner trying to cash in on his fifteen minutes

Damn this guys a dick lol. Nate was right.

Anyway...
The riddle is intellectually dishonest because the "how is this possible?" is intentionally misleading.

Conors an incredibly fast learner which is why after 10 years of training and fighting he's got blue belt level BJJ and has the worst grappling & Cardio of any top 5 fighter in MMA.

Still a firm believer that connor doesn't need to venture into pro boxing don't ruin your reputation on that not I do think he is doing this to gain more buzz around himself which translates into more money

Anyway...

I just thought it was a ramdom father and a boy in a car crash, it did'nt say he was the father of the boy. But I never thought about the mum tbh.

Still a firm believer that connor doesn't need to venture into pro boxing don't ruin your reputation on that not I do think he is doing this to gain more buzz around himself which translates into more money
This would be a total non-issue if the UFC payed anywhere near as well as boxing. The situation would be reversed though, with boxers trying to make a big pay day in the UFC.

Back