Nick Diaz says Cannabis is a "PED" (AUDIO)

Rikston

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ltest interview with Nick Diaz discussing the stereotypes of smoking Cannabis - He also says weed "is a PED" and reveals that the CBD pen Nate was smoking post UFC 202 was not CBD, and was actually "kush" lol

Interesting interview...

It is, I've always had much better sex while high than not. Makes me feel things on another level.

He stated that cannabis is a PED, "just like vitamins" he was making a point that it helps him be a better fighter but it shouldnt be treated like steroids

anything that alters your natural state of mind is no good in the long run....no matter if the health risks are "lower" than others......to each his or her own, I stay clear and fresh all the time :)

It definitely alters a fighter's performance for better or worse (people react to weed differently). On sidenote, alcohol is banned in many sports that deal with precision, and that's because it lowers heart-rate and increases accuracy.

In this case, weed is definitely a 'psychological enhancement drug', might help a fighter drown out the noise or tension from outside, definitely affecting performance. I'd rather see a fight with two people on PEDs like Japan, an even playing field, than a fight where some performers are taking psychoactive drugs. I do support fighters being able to smoke weed as a form of relief during healing, however.

It kills pain and gives unreal endurance so yeah its always been a PED in my book

and yes sex on weed is addictive

anything that alters your natural state of mind is no good in the long run....no matter if the health risks are "lower" than others......to each his or her own, I stay clear and fresh all the time :)

You sound fun!

If weed is a PED my performance should literally be world-beating.

Weed makes my mind race and I don't feel in control. Not for me.

He stated that cannabis is a PED, "just like vitamins" he was making a point that it helps him be a better fighter but it shouldnt be treated like steroids
This is just about the only thing I will ever agree with Nick Diaz on. Smoking during training camp can help fighters relax after a long day training, it can help them fight pain from training or from a fight, and it can help fighters deal with the mental, physical, and emotional stress of being a professional cage fighter. If you're stupid enough to fight high, you shouldn't be punished because quite frankly the beating you'll receive will be punishment enough.

Back