All these mid-level fighters calling out BJ is weak shit

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's really sad to see. They know they'll probably never accomplish the higher feats in MMA, so what they want to do is get a fight with a completely drained legend....just to say they beat a former UFC LW and Welterweight champion. Fucking hilarious. Funny part is if BJ Penn some how was in his prime and a contender in the current UFC LW division....dudes would be avoiding him like the plague.

Imagine in 10-15 years when Khabib is stiff and past it, and guys start calling him out.

No excuse to be calling someone out who is not ranked and inactive. Lets start calling out Sean Sherk and Pat Miletich next. Shit, Dave Menne where the fuck you at?

Khabib will never be stiff and past it

Look at Demian Maia

I'd bet I could probably submit Phil Baroni at this point.

Yeah those silly mid-level fighters who want to build their brand by beating a recognizable name, how ridiculous!

Why is BJ fighting at 145 and not 155 by the way?

While I 100% agree with you, I can sort of understand it at the same time. If you get a chance to fight a legend you're going to want it. Like Barry against way-past-his-prime Filipovic or Rashad versus laughably past his prime Tito.

it be all like...

Kih24qr.gif

They'll be calling him out even more after he beats Yair

Welcome to the fight game, where the elderly either get out early or are fed to the young.

Yeah those silly mid-level fighters who want to build their brand by beating a recognizable name, how ridiculous!

No one cares, it does nothing for your career. Frankie's third win over BJ meant NOTHING, Rory's win over BJ meant NOTHING, at a certain point wins over guys like Shamrock, BJ, Matt Hughes just didn't mean much. A win over them in their prime cemented you as one of the best, beating those names now does nothing significant for your career

I'm a huge Penn fan, but part of that is he unwillingness to hang them up. He needs to perma retire after this fight unless he somehow looks insanely good.

No one cares, it does nothing for your career. Frankie's third win over BJ meant NOTHING, Rory's win over BJ meant NOTHING, at a certain point wins over guys like Shamrock, BJ, Matt Hughes just didn't mean much. A win over them in their prime cemented you as one of the best, beating those names now does nothing significant for your career

You don't care =/= no one cares. Casuals are more likely to pay attention to a match up with BJ, than a match up with a ranked fighter that only us hardcores know about. Sure it doesn't mean anything from a ranking or testing-your-skills perspective, but it certainly means something from a recognition perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back