So McMann-Davis is main card and Maynard-Hall is not.

The Invisible

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I have nothing against WMMA, but don't screw up a nice main card for 2 nobodies. Everyone should watch the Wizard Ryan Hall outgrapple Maynard.

Maynard doesn't get out grappled.

He gets knocked the fuck out.

wait Gray Maynard is still alive?

wait Gray Maynard is still alive?
BiYrrsqCUAEC2kf.jpg

Everyone here will still watch it and this isn't a PPV.
Is headline in the prelims much (or any) worse than 4th on the main card?

more excited for the Davis and Mcmann fight maynard just gets k.o or grapple till he survives a dec

Everyone here will still watch it and this isn't a PPV.
Is headline in the prelims much (or any) worse than 4th on the main card?
Yeah, this is standard practice for the UFC these days. It's a little weird since it's not leading into a PPV, or even a channel change, but this is hardly the first time a higher-profile fighter has been placed in the "featured prelim" spot beneath less well-known fighters. Urijah Faber used to specifically request that spot.

I have nothing against WMMA, but don't screw up a nice main card for 2 nobodies. Everyone should watch the Wizard Ryan Hall outgrapple Maynard.

Alexis Davis is 4-1 in the UFC and holds a dominant finish of the current champion. Maynard is washed up and fighting a guy who can do leglocks but would get smeared by anybody in the top 15.

I'm all for having wmma in the ufc, but still it doesn't change that 75-80% of the fights I've seen have been abysmal.

There are some interesting and talented fighters but the majority look atrocious imo (even fighters who are "elite" like Davis or McMann seem so bad

I actually think Maynard has a better chance than it seems.

McMann/Davis is a WMMA dream fight. Your just complaining cause your an ungrateful piece of shit who doesn't appreciate talent.

Alexis Davis is 4-1 in the UFC and holds a dominant finish of the current champion. Maynard is washed up and fighting a guy who can do leglocks but would get smeared by anybody in the top 15.

Well hall would smear both of the girls and anybody in the top 5 wmma

more excited for the Davis and Mcmann fight maynard just gets k.o or grapple till he survives a dec
Davis vs McMann will be absolute dog shit. They will either jab from mile away or McMann will lay on top of Davis doing nothing for 3 rounds.

I actually think Maynard has a better chance than it seems.
I really hope he gets the win. Gray was so close to UFC gold once. It would be nice to see him get back to that form, even for just one fight.

Multiple reasons - despite recent performances, Alexis Davis is actually a very accomplished WMMA fighter, Sarah McMann is pretty hot in a weird way, Ryan Hall has one fight in the UFC and failed to submit a boxer even though he is apparently a grappling wizard and the card is weak as fuck anyway so why not? I've also noticed that Dana really really likes Alexis. She had a kid recently - is she a milf? Eh idk, butt you see where I'm going.

I'm not trying to be a smartass TS, I'm just bored at work and thinking of possible reasons. Lastly, can someone upload hot pics of Sarah McMann? Thanks.

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THEY LAY THE CARDS OUT YET?!

The UFC changed the model for the undercards when they made fight pass. They purposely put bigger fights as the "main events" for the undercard portions of the show, often bumping "less deserving" or less well known fighters to the main card. It's almost like 3 separate cards.

Why you ask? So that people watch the whole show.

/thread

The Maynard fight is supposed to draw attention to the prelims and the womens bout is supposed to get casuals warmed up for WMMA; it's been this way since a while now.

Sara McMann gunning for the highest number of "worst fight of the year" entries

Back