Stipe should win fighter of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Koed Arlvoski(i'm still salty about this) to get his titleshot. Went on to put Werdum to sleep and become champ followed up by putting Reem to sleep with his first title defence. And all those koes were in the first round too.

IYB6XVb.gif
712_Stipe_Miocic_vs_Alistair_Overeem.0.0.jpg

He has lethal hands. Crazy power and accuracy. Hard to imagine anyone within shot beating him right now. Ironically I see guys like Struve and Rothwell stylistically harder fights for him.

I'm still going with Bisping and I don't like the dude...

going with stipe. he beat overeem and werdum who are still in their prime. bisping beat two guys way over the hill.

shit i still think silva knocked him out before the buzzer. his win over hendo was also highly controversial (i think hendo won).

7f7hmy8.gif

stipe knocked them the fuck out. no controversy.

Good choice, but I would go with Bisping.

going on a streak in a divison where anyone can ko you is impressive enough but doing it at Stipe's level and not to mention all his wins are tkos/kos.

I think he has earned it

If not him then it has to be Bisgoat

Koed Arlvoski(i'm still salty about this) to get his titleshot. Went on to put Werdum to sleep and become champ followed up by putting Reem to sleep with his first title defence. And all those koes were in the first round too.

IYB6XVb.gif
712_Stipe_Miocic_vs_Alistair_Overeem.0.0.jpg
Bisping, in my humble opinion.

Overeem threw the fight away, and Werdum ran into a man's fist - seemed almost on purpose it was so bad lol.

Stipe has had a crazy year though.

He certainly had a great year, became top contender by shattering Arlovskis glass chin, flattened Werdum with one punch and defended his belt against the rightful #1 contender.

Yeah I go with Stipe too. He KO'd 3 HW legends.

Bisping had 2 controversial decisions..

I agree with you TS.

If he defended one more time this year for sure. Right now going with Ping. Even if didn't fight Dan he's still probably the fighter of the year for beating Rockhold and Andy.

Never been done before.

ALSO never been done before?

Earn a title shot, win the title and defend it...in a total of 8 minutes and 8 seconds of fighting time.

Unprecedented in the UFC, I think...the Spider came close but took 30 seconds more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back