Dana White Conor was creating a log jam in the FW division by not defending the belt.

J

JollyRants

“Look, I let Conor fight [Nate] Diaz and then I let him fight Diaz again, Then there was the whole 155-pound thing I let him do. But at the end of the day, him doing that tied up the division for a year. There’s a logjam there and a lot of guys were angry.”

“This was my way to fix the logjam. I wanted Aldo to fight Holloway for the belt, but he needed more time. So I looked at it and I said, well, it makes sense to make Aldo the champion and then have Holloway and Pettis fight for the interim title, and when Jose’s ready, barring any crazy injuries, the winner can fight him.”

“He’s misinformed,” White said of Kavanagh. “Yeah, he doesn’t know all that has gone on, I guess. Do you think I just did this? This was Conor’s decision.”

“I have no idea what Conor is doing, Conor’s Conor. He does his thing. But he’s under contract to me. Who knows with this guy? Who knows what he is up to. I just let Conor be Conor. And the other thing is, it’s fun to talk about this fight and what might happen, but what commission would let that fight happen? Really, think about that.”

Dana finally making sense for the first time in a LONG time. Conor was creating a log jam in two divisions. Bout time Dana put his foot down and put an end to this circus. (Source) http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dana-w...m-205341255.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

Last edited by a moderator:
Who knows with this guy? Who knows what he is up to. I just let Conor be Conor.

Sounds like a parent who let their spoiled child rebel past their control.

What would be more fascinating is if WME stripped Conor without tell Dana, then told Dana after the decision was made and said Conor was cool with it. Since we all love the drama. Someone tweet this to Ariel so he can make it into a story

I'm going to be honest, I dont like that they just promoted Aldo. I understand why they did it, but still

Should've just waited for Aldo vs pettis or Holloway

They're both responsible for the 'logjam'.

Dana should have stripped him months ago but wanted his big 2 weight world champion mccheque.

"It was Conor's decision." Sure. And he didn't tell his coach.

This version is them trying to keep Conor from throwing a tantrum and trying to save face.

I am pretty sure Dana and Conor already had a agreement that Conor would vacate the FW title if he achieves his goal of a simultaneous two division champ. Conor being Conor still boasted that it'd take an army to take away the belt from him and put pressure on ufc but gave up his belt when Dana asked since he knows very well Dana would make him his bitch if need be like he did on UFC 200.

im certain colin one day will come back to 145 for the paycheque... he has this shit setup in a long run

I'm going to be honest, I dont like that they just promoted Aldo. I understand why they did it, but still

Should've just waited for Aldo vs pettis or Holloway
I don't get the problem that people have with this. He was the interim champion. He won that belt. The real champ is gone so he is the champ as a logical consequence. He is the guy to beat with Conor gone anyway.

And those who still have a problem with it can calm themselves by realizing that Aldo is in fact still not the undisputed champ because they already set up a new interim title match. Even though that doesn't really make sense.

Why are people complaining about a simple formality that is pretty much meaningless and without consequence?

Aldo will not be the undisputed champ until he beats the Pettis-Holloway winner.

I don't get the problem that people have with this. He was the interim champion. He won that belt. The real champ is gone so he is the champ as a logical consequence. He is the guy to beat with Conor gone anyway.

And those who still have a problem with it can calm themselves by realizing that Aldo is in fact still not the undisputed champ because they already set up a new interim title match. Even though that doesn't really make sense.

Why are people complaining about a simple formality that is pretty much meaningless and without consequence?

Aldo will not be the undisputed champ until he beats the Pettis-Holloway winner.
I think what pisses people off is Pettis - Holloway for the title is a sham

"let"

thats the key word in that statement

Dana showing whos in charge. Well see if the baldfather "lets" conor fight mayweather now. :D

About damn time Dana did something. We'll see if Conor throws a tantrum or not.

I think what pisses people off is Pettis - Holloway for the title is a sham
It doesn't make sense. But it totally fits the scheme of how things are being handled in the UFC these days.

But the result is that Aldo will face the winner for the undisputed title. The fight that makes the most sense since he already beat Edgar.

Anybody should be satisfied with that.

So we had to give Aldo the belt and then make another belt for no reason

If he were to fight Mayweather next, I can't even imagine how angry and upset fighters would be in both divisions.

Why do people give a shit at all?

I don't care for titles...i wanna see interesting/good/exciting fights.

Do some people really sleep better with Conor being stripped of the title? Why do people care for Interim Belts on the line? I wanna see Max vs. Pettis....doesn't bother me at all if there's a title on the line or not.

Why do people give a shit at all?

I don't care for titles...i wanna see interesting/good/exciting fights.

Do some people really sleep better with Conor being stripped of the title? Why do people care for Interim Belts on the line? I wanna see Max vs. Pettis....doesn't bother me at all if there's a title on the line or not.
Stripping Conor makes sense. Why call someone FW champ if he does not fight at FW?

I want to see the best fight the best. And the king of the mountain is the champ. And he has to fight off the guys trying to take his throne.

Belts make sense. But the way thinks are being handled these days they are losing their value.

Back