71% of Strawweight fights in UFC went over 2.5 rounds

ArtOfDrowning

Lecter Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
As title says 71% of fights in UFC Strawweight division went over 2.5 rounds (or sometimes its 3.5/4.5 rounds if its a title fight or main event). From 59 fights, 42 went over 2.5.

I started to bet on this prop not from the first Strawweight fight but pretty fast since I noticed the trend of so many fights going over 2.5 or to decision.

If you placed 200 bucks on every fight that ever took place in Strawweight division you would now be up 1132 dollars. Not a lot but still not that bad.

Seems like over is the thing to bet on in this division. I guess decision props is good too but didn't look into that. Fun fact: Joanna Champ only fight to score under was fight with Esparza. All of her other fights went over.

Here are stats and betting props for them.

straw_1.jpg

straw_2.jpg

Straw_3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread, the next 25 SW fights are going to end in the first. lol

Curran finishes Moyle tomorrow via Romero Cuban Missile in the first.

That's worse than Mighty Mouse.
Cut them all.

Strangely they also have the highest submission rate of any of the UFC divisions..

So we clearly need a 105, 125 and 145 division to get TS richer.

Wait.

59 fights * $ 200: 10.800.
To win $ 1.132

Mmm.. I can get the same ROI betting on Mighty Mouse tonight.

Terrible finishing instincts, 0 sense of urgency. Only Andrade has been the exception so far.

Wait.

59 fights * $ 200: 10.800.
To win $ 1.132

Mmm.. I can get the same ROI betting on Mighty Mouse tonight.

Well if you want to put all your eggs in one basket. But then when Ronda vs Holly or Barao vs TJ happens then you are fucked.

Also I was doing stats. some of these under were pretty gimme fights or at least obvious not to fuck with. You don't have to bet on every fight.

Well if you want to put all your eggs in one basket. But then when Ronda vs Holly or Barao vs TJ happens then you are fucked.

Also I was doing stats. some of these under were pretty gimme fights or at least obvious not to fuck with. You don't have to bet on every fight.
I bet on Holly vs Ronda. :)

BTW... Im surprise the number is not even bigger. I usualy bet on the over for most WMMA fights.

Do you have the stadistics on WBW?

Anyone sped ing this much time focusing on WMMA really needs to get outta the house and get a hobby.

I bet on Holly vs Ronda. :)

BTW... Im surprise the number is not even bigger. I usualy bet on the over for most WMMA fights.

Do you have the stadistics on WBW?
A lot more finishes in WBW. They have more power...believe it or not lol

60 fights
16 submissions

Submissions don't happen that often.
That's a 25% submission rate

You may say they don't Happen that often but like I say, highest of any division in the ufc

1 in 4 end in submission

Higher than any other division....

Shall I say it again?

Back