Rules / format if conor vs floyd gonna be fair.

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Most likely it would be a pure boxing match. But IF conor and floyd would try to make it as fair as possible. To meet in the middle.. This would IMO be the most fair:

- boxing ring
- 8 x 4 minutes rounds
- MMA gloves
- only punches and elbows
- 10 seconds clinch before break

No takedowns or kicks/knees.

What do you think?

<{1-5}>

conor should be allowed 4 point striking being fists and kicks, and floyd should be allowed 2 point striking only punching.

I don't give a shit about that fight, also to many threads about it. So here, have some Faber.
1480671462239.gif

It would be hilarious seeing Conor going 8 rounds.
He would look like an obese person with miner's lungs after completing a double marathon

Most likely it would be a pure boxing match. But IF conor and floyd would try to make it as fair as possible. To meet in the middle.. This would IMO be the most fair:

- boxing ring
- 8 x 4 minutes rounds
- MMA gloves
- only punches and elbows
- 10 seconds clinch before break

No takedowns or kicks/knees.

What do you think?

giphy.gif

Floyd would need to fight one handed to give Conor a shot at winning. As in, one hand tied behind his back.

Can we stop this now? Or naw?

The only way to make this fair is to let Floyd walk in with his hands tied.

That being said i would love to see Conor bleed, badly hurt and lying on the ring unconscious and drooling with his family praying that he doesnt die

Fantasy matchups belong in the wasteland.

That being said i would love to see Conor bleed, badly hurt and lying on the ring unconscious and drooling with his family praying that he doesnt die

Why? You mised Conor-Nate 1?

No way Floyd would fight with MMA gloves

Floyd will never concede to any fair rules that might possible favor his opponent (Conor in this case). Floyd will always want the odds to tip in his favor, no matter what. Conor will have to straight up box, no time or round shortages and using the size gloves Floyd picks...period. Conor will have to step into Floyd's world if this is going to happen. Floyd makes the rules and picks the concessions. To think otherwise is to never have seen the man fight or leading up to a fight.

Conor wants Mayweather money let him box for it, the only thing I agree with on your suggested requirement is the mma gloves just would love to see Conor get cracked by Floyd wearing them.

TS makes a good argument for making it "fair", but here's my opinion on it:

Both of these gentleman (Floyd and Conor) could give 2 fucks about us fans. They are in it to make a quick buck, and have no interest in fairness or legacy at this stage.

Floyd fought for many, many, many years and genuinely worked his way from the early days, to the Pretty Boy days, all the way to Money Mayweather.

Unfortunately with Conor, his time of working through the ranks seems a lot more hastily done. He's far from unbeaten, and has a heap of "weaknesses" that have already been seen (cardio/BJJ). Conor seems like a genuinely talented guy but with way too much push, he's getting free title shot and such, but fair play he takes the opportunities with both hands. It just doesn't seem all that real or organic to me as a viewer.

At least it feels like Floyd paid his dues, Conor feels fast-tracked and I sense a retirement speech coming any day now.

If any kicking is involved Conor wins easily.
If there's no kicking Mayweather wins easily.

There aren't any rules where it's fair and competitive whatever gloves they wear or how long the rounds are..

I'm sure they both run in training so get the to run 800m on the track wearing their respective boxing/mma gear. That'd be about fair, Mayweather would have heavier gloves but Conor would be barefoot so it probably balances out.

Or revive Superstars https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstars and get them to compete against each other in that.

Floyd would not acccept elbows or mma gloves. Conor would accept whatever, just to get a good payday.

Better to have 12 rds boxing rules where Floyd is only allowed to attack in rd 2,4,6,8,10 and 12. It will probaly be over by round 2, but it gives Conor a chance to do some damage in the first and maybe the third.

Make it a WWE match so they can go all out with the shenanigans.

Back