Bendo got treated like s--- by the UFC.

dildos

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Just taking a trip down memory lane...

At UFC 164 Bendo was basically dick slapped in the face by Zuffa brass by having the event held in Pettis' hometown Milwaukee. What the fuck is that kind of treatment to a UFC champ who was heading towards breaking the lightweight championship title fight reign? Why would the title contender get a home town advantage, and has this ever happened before? I do not think it has.

Look we can say what we want about Bendo being a point fighter and dragging out decisions, but he did it in a rather entertaining fashion. He never layed and prayed and had the fight style of GSP.

I really think that was majorly disrespectful to the champ Bendo. Sure they were pushing Pettis hard, but i just find it rather baffling at times that Bendo had to defend his title in Pettis' home state....

Whats your thoughts on this??

He decisioned a hundred fighters

never drew a dime

UFC 164 he was originally suppose to fight Grant, Grant got injured, Pettis stepped in.

As he should.
He was never Just Bleed God's friend

At UFC 164 Bendo was basically dick slapped in the face by Zuffa brass by having the event held in Pettis' hometown Milwaukee. What the fuck is that kind of treatment to a UFC champ who was heading towards breaking the lightweight championship title fight reign? Why would the title contender get a home town advantage, and has this ever happened before? I do not think it has.

Look we can say what we want about Bendo being a point fighter and dragging out decisions, but he did it in a rather entertaining fashion. He never layed and prayed and had the fight style of GSP.

I really think that was majorly disrespectful to the champ Bendo. Sure they were pushing Pettis hard, but i just find it rather baffling at times that Bendo had to defend his title in Pettis' home state....

GSP didn't lay and pray. Do you even know what you are watching?

At least GSP clearly won his fights (save Hendricks) whereas Bendo was gifted decisions numerous times.

UFC 164 he was originally suppose to fight Grant, Grant got injured, Pettis stepped in.
oh no shit, i forgot to check the history of the card. that is true. i kind of want to delete this thread now.

Anderson defended against Franklin in his hometown of Cincinnati. But yeah Bendo was REALLY unpopular as champ, they were probably desperate to get rid of him.

Anderson defended against Franklin in his hometown of Cincinnati. But yeah Bendo was REALLY unpopular as champ, they were probably desperate to get rid of him.
Bendo had a Personality of a Toaster. Sprinkle some jebus stuff on top and chewing on a tooth pick during fights and he still doesnt have a personality..

GSP didn't lay and pray. Do you even know what you are watching?

At least GSP clearly won his fights (save Hendricks) whereas Bendo was gifted decisions numerous times.
you got me. i have never watched a fight in my life.

the general concensus is that gsp used the lnp approach to his fights after serra. but you are correct, hendricks did win his fight with GSP.

bendo beat frankie two times and beat gil imo. i can see how its a toss up for his defences, but i believe he edged out the victory in those fights.

He fought like shit after he lost the belt, especially against Masvidal

well there is a difference between light weight and welter weight, and that comes with size, power and other misc attributes.

not everyone can be bj penn being a light weight and winning the welterweight championship. i understand that.

Bendo didnt look good vs RDA, Pettis, Thompson, Masvidal..
Bendo is an idiot for joining the military

oh no shit, i forgot to check the history of the card. that is true. i kind of want to delete this thread now.

It's all good my friend.
Much hespect. Hespect for Bendo too. Hespect for toothpick. Thas eet.

*mods feel free to lock this thread. @BC told me what was up.

but know i must ask, was illumanati involved with tj grants injury to let the home town hero pettis get his shot he was first promised after zuffa purchase the WEC, before an injury and having to fight guida???

put yo tin foil hat on for a minute!!!

My thought is that the Pettis-Bendo favoritism is mild compared to the McGregor-Aldo one we saw.

Nothing compared to how they fucked over Jose Aldo for that red headed Skeletor.

My thought is that the Pettis-Bendo favoritism is mild compared to the McGregor-Aldo one we saw.
but mcgegor vs aldo was in vegas right?

i think there was a bit more respect to aldo being the champ and having the fight in the ufc fight capital in the world.

i get what you are saying, the long term multiple time champ was disrespected by not having his 7th or so ufc defence in brazil rather than vegas when he faced mendes in brazil, but.. lots of champs have their fights in vegas. anderson too. gsp aswell.

Back