Jones: "I do want to fight for the HW title, but I'm waiting for the perfect opponent"

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
Around 1:34:00 in the JRE podcast.

Says that he's great at 205, and when people ask him "why don't you go to HW", he responds "you guys realize what you want me to do ? These HWs are skilled and some of them have 60lbs on me".

But then Rogan asks him if he considers moving up. Jones responds that "he'd want to fight for the HW title, but he'd wait for the perfect opponent".

So what you guys understand ? I think that Jon means that if a very beatable HW gets the belt (sort of a HW Bisping), then he'll move up and challenge him for the belt. Otherwise, he'll just stay at LHW.

So when the division officially has no prospects following Nganuu and Ruslan getting derailed and some 50yo PURIDE vet becomes the champ with the average age of the division being 40yo

He is a walking contradiction. Or should I say poking contradiction.

Says that he's great at 205, and when people ask him "why don't you go to HW", he responds "you guys realize what you want me to do ? These HWs are skilled and some of them have 60lbs on me".

Yeah, who's stupid enough to take on guys that much bigger?

Oh, right.

Fedor-Emelianenko-2.png

Last edited:
The four last hw champs have been around 240 lbs. The size excuse is getting pretty old.

So Jones is wating for a favorable matchup. At least he is open about it.

IDK who may it be but elite HWs are all dangerous.

The four last hw champs have been around 240 lbs. The size excuse is getting pretty old.
Or....

Jones is 180lbs and eats up to 205.

"some of them have 60 pounds on me". Fuck off... Lesnar on steroids is the biggest HW and was 290lbs.

Someone with huge eyes to be poked?

Around 1:34:00 in the JRE podcast.

But then Rogan asks him if he considers moving up. Jones responds that "he'd want to fight for the HW title, but he'd wait for the perfect opponent".

So what you guys understand ? I think that Jon means that if a very beatable HW gets the belt (sort of a HW Bisping), then he'll move up and challenge him for the belt. Otherwise, he'll just stay at LHW.

So he would only move up to fight for the title, and only if it's against someone who he believes he can beat.

Definitely not Goat talk.

Jon does not have enough power in his strikes to take out HWs and he could get knocked out very easily by some of those guys. JDS would walk right through that shit and land a bomb. It's a risky move for him and why take the chance when you're ruling your division as the GOAT?

Jones is waiting for Roy Nelson

Jon does not have enough power in his strikes to take out HWs and he could get knocked out very easily by some of those guys. JDS would walk right through that shit and land a bomb. It's a risky move for him and why take the chance when you're ruling your division as the GOAT?
You can't be the GOAT if you need "dick pills".

If DC won the belt, I'm sure he would move up for that shot.

So when the division officially has no prospects following Nganuu and Ruslan getting derailed and some 50yo PURIDE vet becomes the champ with the average age of the division being 40yo
Only Krylov or Cirkunov left now and Rumble aside from them there really is no one for Jones to fight.

Only Krylov or Cirkunov left now and Rumble aside from them there really is no one for Jones to fight.

Jimi has a better chance than those first two. At least he's much superior to Bones in a hange (midhange) and aspects of MMA (far better sturiker outside clinch, far more power, far better technique)

Most revealing part of the podcast, in my opinion. I must admit I was a little disappointed when I heard that.

JDS
Cain
Werdum
Miocic

These are the HW champions Jones has called out so far over the years but it's all talk and will always be limited to that it seems.
He's never moving up.

He's not wrong. He'd still have his height and reach on most. You'd think he'd be eyeing someone like Cain (he only fights bodies, not legacies)

Back