Calling it how it is, Doo Ho Choi becomes next FW champion

KoreanZawmbie

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This post is a little long but fck it! There ain't nothing stopping the Korean Super Boy from reaching to the top.

Many of you haters will point to the fact that Choi hasn't been tested (as if Mcgregor was tested before his title shot too) or that Im a weeabo and will always give the benefit of the doubt to Asian fighters, but yall can screw yourselves if you think that

Even the most fervent Aldo supporters can't deny Choi has the same capabilities Mcgregor had to put him away.

The skills I saw in Choi was nearly the same feeling I had when I watched Conor TKO Brimmage. What I saw in both of them was something completely unique and rarely seen in our sport...Deadly precision and timing.

It was very obvious from the start that Mcgregor's solid fundamentals in boxing, gave him an edge in fighting against fighters with less skills and experience in the sweet science. The way he slips a punch and counters, was so flawless I even predicted that Edwards was going down within 2 rounds.

Easiest money I made.

But thats besides the point. Choi does nearly the same thing as Mcgregor does when it comes to counters, he will slip and come over the top with a straight right.

Choi-KO1.gif

Watch here. As Puig throws a jab, Choi immediately slips and counters with a right hand at the same time.

buchinger_ko.0.gif

Here Mcgregor beautifully slips and counters at the same time. This is a different level of understanding of timing and countering by both fighters.

Further proof, on precision and timing..No wasted movement, like you see with some fighters (Edwards Alvarez and Tony Ferguson.)

ImperfectUnrulyKookaburra.gif

Distance management and timing with the knee.

AchingLinearAlbatross.gif

The OG LW/FW legend Ishida...R.I.P

Buchinger.gif

Mcgregor in the same gif, almost similar fashion with the knee except he finishes with a beautiful counter left instead of a knee.

What must I conclude in this post? GL stopping Choi, because I'm telling you right now Cub Swanson ain't the one to do it

DHC is fun for sure, but every time I get hyped about him, I can't help but think of the 2 years of service he is going to have to do.

He lures his opponents with his innocent smile

F7YZXeB.png

We'll see. DHC isn't as accurate as Conor, and sometimes gets pretty wild even. His fight against Cub should tell us a lot about how he'll perform against good competition.

Choi has been pushing everyone's shit in with good straight punches. Im hoping he makes a run for the title as well.

well there it is folks.

this guy called it

HES A BUM
HES NOT MCGREGOR
HIS BOXING IS WORSE
HES TOO WILD
HE WILL NEVER GET THE TITLE
WHO THE FOOK IS THAT GUY

- Sherdog

Nope, with McGregor gone the reality is for all his whining Aldo is the best FW in the world and that's all you need to know and won't be beaten unless McGregor returns to FW which he won't.

I would be estatic about that. hope he fights often.

Maybe not the "next" but as for in the near future?

w8i6ho2.gif

Nope, with McGregor gone the reality is for all his whining Aldo is the best FW in the world and that's all you need to know and won't be beaten unless McGregor returns to FW which he won't.

Max Holloway will likely beat Jose Aldo.

Last edited:
I love watching him fight and rooting for him in this fight. Let's see how he does against cub first tho

Cub is an old ass brawler with overrated ground game.

Choi will crack the shit out of him with crisp, straight punches.
Let's see. Cub is legit. I know Choi has powerhands but Cub is no joke.

Let's see. Cub is legit. I know Choi has powerhands but Cub is no joke.

Cub is a decent fighter. Tough, durable and experienced.

BUT

He is an older guy who likes to brawl and his ground game is very overrated.

Choi takes him out easily.

Back