how many of you guys have actually read the mma (ufc) rules & reg/ 10 point must system completely

galleryy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
or do you not care, and just watch the fights.
cus i've only glimpsed some of it about 5 years ago
<{ohyeah}>{<jimmies}

Me. I struggled to read the last paragraph as the crayon used to write it was beginning to fade.

klingon.jpg

Just let them bang bro

I already know everything there is to know about MMA and fighting.

Everything.

Read them after Jones vs Gus to confirm that Gus got robbed.

Yeah, I've read 'em. It's clear that anyone who wants to score volume striking over effectiveness hasn't read them. I bring up the rules pretty much every time someone bitches about the Condit - Lawler fight, but it's clear the vast majority of Sherdoggers haven't read them.

I have. I just wish the judges would as of the last few years!

A lot of the rules are ok, "no talking" is really stupid! I'd be fine with the existing rules if knees and kicks to the head were legal.

"The ten-point must systemis in effect for all UFC fights; three judges score each round and the winner of each receives ten points, the loser nine points or fewer. Based on effective striking, aggression, grappling, and octagon control” Mike Goldberg

This is all I need to know.

I have read them thoroughly, but that means absolutely nothing. The "book" might as well have not been written in reference to the non-usage that some of these wonderful judges and sometimes even referees practice. In a nutshell, it's almost more frustrating having read the rules and then seeing some error of judgement that totally degrades the system that is supposedly being used. Also, any casual fan should be able to read the rules and understand pretty clear. I'm more than a casual fan butt I'm def no brainiac and I thought it was rather cut and dry with some minor exceptions.

I just listen to sherdog and the commentators. e.g.
I majored in it.

I have read them thoroughly, but that means absolutely nothing. The "book" might as well have not been written in reference to the non-usage that some of these wonderful judges and sometimes even referees practice. In a nutshell, it's almost more frustrating having read the rules and then seeing some error of judgement that totally degrades the system that is supposedly being used. Also, any casual fan should be able to read the rules and understand pretty clear. I'm more than a casual fan butt I'm def no brainiac and I thought it was rather cut and dry with some minor exceptions.
Jesus dude, I feel sick everytime I see your av. Why did you choose it?

Pretty much, its incredibly nebulous as to how different aspects of the fight should be judged against each other, the judging "standards" such as they are exist almost entirely outside of whats on the page, we just have to look at precedent.

That's what I preffered about the Pride rules, it was layed down much more clearly how different elements were to be judged, one fighter does more to effectively try and finish the fight? he wins the end of, 19 mins of stalling loses to 1 min of effective offence.

I've read enough to know by their own god damned criteria most 10-9s are 10-8s and most 10-8s are 10-6s.

"The ten-point must systemis in effect for all UFC fights; three judges score each round and the winner of each receives ten points, the loser nine points or fewer. Based on effective striking, aggression, grappling, and octagon control” Mike Goldberg

This is all I need to know.

LOL at 9 or less.
Why don't they say loser receives 9 almost every time, 8 if they really get destroyed.

Back