If Holly Holm loses her 3rd in a row what will that say for the former champion?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I am not a Ronda fan at all. Holly did an amazing thing that ONE night against the UNBEATABLE, DOMINANT, SUPER CONFIDENT Ronda Rousey by not only beating her but how EASY she made the task look. It was the perfect performance. Was it? Or was it just Ronda's worst?

I been a fan of Holly since that night but since her past two loses, the belt to Miesha Tate and Shevchenko in which Holly was supposed to be the superior striker then was out struck. I am starting to fear the possibility....
That maybe Holly isnt better than Ronda but that night Rousey just had a real legit BAD night from the grueling schedule of being over worked finally catching up with her? (along with her horrible game plan)

I personally would like to think Holly was/is truly the better fighter. I am having real doubts now since the former champion Holly Holm is just 1 loss a way from 3 in a row to martial artists that a Rousey dethroner should beat.

she looked awful in her last fight. maybe she just getting old. she's been fighting a long time.

Honestly she hasn't looked good in any of her UFC fights except the Ronda fight which was good match making at least and maybe Ronda at her worst as well.

she just isnt a complete mma fighter, never has been. i love holly but her one dimensional game carried her to the top in arguably the weakest division in the ufc, more well rounded girls with actual grappling will beat her every time until she rounds out her game

Doesn't matter. I will always consider her the greatest female bw of all time for giving us the Ronda ko

YMytFnL.gif

Last edited:
She's only looked good against Ronda. Every other fight in the UFC has been a bust.

Holly trained for a long time to be an antidote to Ronda's style of fighting. No other girl ever tried to counter punch.

Miesha fought smart and Valentina is a better striker who also exploited Holly's oosh sounds to time her kicks.

I dunno, man. She did give us one of the greatest gifs ever, so she's legit, in my opinion.

Rousey's striking was terrible. She lost spectacularly to a point-striker who outstruck the shit out of her. I don't know what that ultimately says about Holm, but it's pretty clear what that says about Rousey.

Holly Holm is good and losing to Tate and Shevchenko isn't anything to be upset about.

Holm vs Pennington sounds good next. Same with Val vs Pena.

I know this will be unpopular because of how everyone shits on WMMA here, and maybe this will expose my relative inexperience when it comes to this sport, but Holm refusing to tap out to Tate was one of the most badass things I've seen in a fight.

Tate got lucky, Holm was schooling her like everyone does on the feet. She then lost a boring fight to Valentina which neither fighter did much. It is what it is.

3 losses in a row for a former champion? (Edgar, Pettis, Penn)
2 losses in a row (Evans, Machida, Silva, Serra, Hendricks)

Holly is being plagued with big head Greg Jackson and one eyed Winkeljohn.

Holly will ride and die with em, you can't blame her, she's had 98% success in both areas of her career.

It's not like Holly got schooled by noobs, Tate got lucky in the final minutes of the 5th round, the 2nd shoot that Holly couldn't shoot, well she only needed to get in there.

Holly also lost to at the time 8th ranked Valentina, whom should not be ranked 8th, but should be 3rd, it was a great fight, MT against old school Boxing...

Arguably the best fight of her life was UFC193, it's the only fight she ever looked good mma or boxing, so she's getting old, her eggs are drying up, let her face Ronda one more time title or not, it's really the only fight in WMMA that matters.

She just didn't put the same effort into executing her game plan in the last fight. She also has a lot more miles on her than most. Could be close to retirement if she loses this next one.

Was she supposed to be a better striker than Shevchenko? She was also like a minute and a half from beating Meisha. Of course she looked the best against Ronda because most other girls have some realistic sense of their limitations and what to avoid and don't come in with shit boxing thinking they're the best boxer on earth.

Ronda beat herself even more than Holly beat her. Ronda is the better fighter that came in with the worst possible gameplan and style against Holly. She probably would have won if she didn't have that Bethe fight just before, where she KO'd Bethe and thought she was Mike Tyson and could do the same to Holly.

Holly is an amazing fighter, she's just prefers to counter and keep the fight standing. Basically, she is a tough out for anyone in the division, but not an exciting fighter. There are worse things. Valentina is capable of beating anyone else, no shame in that loss.

Back