What happened to Joe Son?

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Joe Son is one of the most fascinating people to ever compete in the UFC. The unbelievable repeated punches to the balls he took will be remembered forever and is unlikely to be repeated in combat sports. His life outside of the octagon reads like a horror script. Joe Son's wikipedia page is likely the darkest of any UFC competitor. The question is, what happened to his solitary confinement and murder trial for allegedly killing his cellmate, that wikipedia says trial "is set to begin in March 2016." Almost a year ago. Break the suspense please, and update wikipedia. What happened next?

well he was already serving life in prison, and since california doesn't have the death penalty teh obvious answer is he is still serving life in prison. He could kill 100 people in prison in California and still be serving life in prison.

He could kill 100 people in prison in California and still be serving life in prison.

At that point, I think it would be fair to say that he is serving death in prison.

Last edited:
I'd like Ariel Helwani to interview Son in prison. Make it happen Ariel.

They did an episode on the ID channel about the woman he raped. I think she mentioned that her dog bit him. Good dog.

That's funny you mention him. I'm working on a 5 minute presentation about MMA history for a class and I put up his picture from Austin Powers and a gif of the Hackney groin strikes.

well he was already serving life in prison, and since california doesn't have the death penalty teh obvious answer is he is still serving life in prison. He could kill 100 people in prison in California and still be serving life in prison.

Because people in prison don't retaliate? Nobody who kills people in prison is safe from being shanked themselves.

What's next for Joe Son? A lot more prison.

Is a weird situation, they are gonna put Aaron Hernandez to trial as well for murdering a couple guys in Boston a few years ago....He is already serving life in prison without parole why even waste the resources to put him on trial. I guess people have to answer for their crimes but I don't think it makes them sad to serve another life sentence

California does have the death penalty, a guy was sentenced to death today in tulare county.

California does have the death penalty, a guy was sentenced to death today in tulare county.

CA death penalty is somewhat of a sham.

I recall a kid was kidnapped from my elementary. I was in the first grade and he was in the 4th or 5th. It was some school helper that commuted the murder. He was eventually arrested and sentenced to death. That was 90 or 91 and he's still on death row. Last time CA executed somebody was ten years ago or so. But I believe they just passed a prop to accelerate executions or something.

He went all rapey and killing

Back