Who is the toughest fighter in UFC history?

Nickzor

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
For me its Dan Henderson, i mean the only way to win against him is to put him out cold, i cant recall the amount of times he's been rocked and dropped yet still gets up on his feet somehow, how many times have you seen a fighter get dropped and just cover up waiting for the ref to save them, take Belfort in his last fight for example against Mousasi, he just curled up and waited for the ref to save him Mousasi himself did the same against Hall when Hall tko'd him, Weidman against Romero is another example, Hendo's been in that position many times in his career but just gets back to his feet somehow, yes ironically thats how Vitor Ko'd him with a headkick in their second fight

I'm not even really a Hendo fan but i cant deny how damn tough he is, he took so much damage in his career yet still fought up til he was 46 years old, the damage definitely took its toll, the way he talks and moves around its like he can barely turn his head and seems a tad punch drunk at times in interviews

If i could think of one other fighter is Mark Hunt for much if the same reasons, just he hasn't been rocked/dropped as much as Hendo has been, consider this too Hendo did not get stopped via strikes until his 40th fight which is insane and it was by Vitor or all people and not to mention it was well and truly TRT Vitor who basically won all his fights by some form of KO

Last edited:
Mark Hunt.

Anything else is wrong I'm sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hendo, the man ate so much damage in his career, was finished at the very end

Mark hunt and its not even close, i know he isnt liked on these forums much these days, but from reading his book there is honestly no comparison

It may be Frankie Edgar.

If not, he certainly deserves a mention.

Roy Nelson

Destroyed by JDS over 3 rounds, kneed into oblivion by Mir and Werdum, also survived Overeem's onslaught including a massive headkick and a punch from Derrick Lewis that would've decapitated any other person. The only people that have been able to (T)KO him are Arlovski who hit him with pretty much everything and Mark Hunt

Minotauro Nogueira would certainly be up there.

Nick Ring. His ass can take a pounding.

Is toughest the same as best chin?

end of thread

image138.jpeg

It's hard to pick the toughest person in sport where everyone is really tough. I guess a guy like Wanderlei could be considered especially tough. Or a guy like Bisping who doesn't really get credit for being abnormally tough, but clearly is.

Back