Joe Lauzon vs. Marcin Held Added To UFC Fight Night Phoenix (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Who wins?

UFC Fight Night 103 Penn vs. Rodriguez so far:

BJ Penn vs. Yair Rodriguez
Bryan Caraway vs. Jimmie Rivera
Joe Lauzon vs. Marcin Held
Sergio Pettis vs. Jussier Formiga
Court McGee vs. Ben Saunders
Eric Koch vs. Tony Martin
Walt Harris vs. Chase Sherman
Damian Grabowski vs. Viktor Pesta
Joachim Christensen vs. Bojan Mihajlovic
Cyril Asker vs. Dmitrii Smoliakov
Devin Powell vs. Jordan Rinaldi

Picking Held here. Joe doesn't have the type of grinding top control to give Marcin a lot of trouble. The stand up will be interesting to watch.

Lauzon should take it. Fan of both guys, can't see Held getting Lauzon down and even if he can Joe's Jiu Jitsu is good enough to fend off the leglock attempts. Held probably fades midway into round 2 and Lauzon lights him up with punches and stops him.

Joe's stand up is far superior, cleaner, tighter boxing will give Held fits especially if he starts to fade.

Who wins?

Just Bleed God
Us

For my account, that's enough.

Last edited:
Held didn't look great in his debut, hopefully he shows up for this fight and gets the W.

On a side note, really like this card. A lot of decent prospects and exciting match ups, should be a good card to bet on too.

Man Lauzon has been around forever it seems. I like him but I want to see new lightweights, it's such a shark tank division it speaks to Lauzon how he has stuck around and done pretty well.

Always rooting for Lauzon.

My StarCraft brethren

So Held goes from Sanchez, to the guy who just TKO'd Diego.

Great matchmaking haha

Either way, FOTN material.

I love it!!! Such a great matchup. I can see Joe winning via gnp/decision or Held maybe catching him. Picking Joe!

I think Lauzon is and will be too scrappy for him. He'll pressure him and beat him up the whole time IMO. Marcin has a lot of potential but I think Joe's experience and aggressiveness will get him the win.

You never know though, anything can happen, Joe's style involves taking a lot of risks and Marcin might be able to capitalize on Joe leaving himself open while coming in or mid-combination.

I doubt it goes anything like that but crazier things have happened, we'll just have to wait and see.

Taking Joe either by a rather one-sided decision or maybe even a TKO. Joe's aggressive style can be trouble for pretty much anybody, especially somebody he's so much more experienced than.

I'm not sure how Marcin will react under the kind of pressure and aggressiveness Joe brings to the table.

Should be a good fight since Lauzon can't possibly be in a boring fight. If Joe is ever in a boring fight then I guarantee he's not the one to blame, his opponent is. I can't remember a single boring Joe Lauzon fight. That guy delivers every single time.

One of my favourites to watch because he's always exciting and I actually care to watch fighters who aren't top 5 unlike you champion-only loving n00bz! I'm joking, we all love Lauzon and I'm going to miss watching him go to war when he retires.

I love/hate this match up. Should be a sick fight but I don't want to see either guy lose. Love both guys

So Held goes from Sanchez, to the guy who just TKO'd Diego.

Great matchmaking haha

Either way, FOTN material.

Ehh Diego did recently beat Miller though and Lauzon 'lost' to him. Sea-Level Held beats Diego anyways lol.

I don't know who held is and if I have seen a fight of his I don't remember it.

Picking lauzon.

But I really wanna see chiesa get a rematch with lauzon, losses by cuts are stupid. And chiesa was also landing and rallying hard where he had lauzon rocked and wobbled good in that great back and forth fight.

Back