What's with fighters not running their own social media

Doog Doogson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I follow a lot of MMA fighters, coaches, journalists etc on twitter and there seems to be quite a few fighters that rent out their accounts to clickbait websites. Jake Shields is the latest fighter i've had to unfollow coz of this bullshit.

Surely a platform like Twitter is the perfect opportunity for a fighter to grow their own brand and reach fans so it seems shortsighted to whore your name out to clickbait websites for pennies

Some fighters get coked out out of their mind and tweet stupid stuff only to end up having to delete it later

giphy.gif

Faber is the same way. Always posting the click bait. I've had a few fighters respond to me on ig tho. I took a screenshot when Tate did it and made my gf jealous lol

I "liked" Fedor on Facebook, and it's the same shit there too.

Can't spell, that's why they prefer to post pictures and videos.

Cause they have more important things on their plate so they delegate that shit to managers and others

fighters arent very smart

not everyone can have the twitter shitposting power of someone like Trump

Thank the UFC, and Reebok for that. If they fight outside the UFC, and do that. They don't deserve fans.

Actually any athlete that would do that deserves no fans. But that's just my opinion.

And praise Jeebus... I have a life, and don't follow anybody on social media.

I follow a lot of MMA fighters, coaches, journalists etc on twitter and there seems to be quite a few fighters that rent out their accounts to clickbait websites. Jake Shields is the latest fighter i've had to unfollow coz of this bullshit.

Surely a platform like Twitter is the perfect opportunity for a fighter to grow their own brand and reach fans so it seems shortsighted to whore your name out to clickbait websites for pennies
They need a PR machine to avoid goofups. It's less useful now IMHO, than before when fighters could get tons of sponsors on their shorts. Now it's all about reebok kits

i had to unlike a few fighter pages like urijah faber, because of that

ruins the point of social media, it would be a better investment for them to use it in a fan friendly way. conor maximizes the fuck out of social media for example

Back