Is Chad Mendes Career Finished? Or Can He Rectify Himself In A Comeback

ChosenMMA

Part Of DC Nation & The Cruz & Velasquez Wagon
@purple
Reaction score
Was on a losing run before he got popped and banned for this lengthy time frame, this time away isn't going to benefit him at all, thoughts?

Last edited:
He'll be back. I sure didn't see that ko coming from edgar..seems flukey to me.

To be absolutely fair, he can spend the time to take care of anything he has to and come back fresh and focused. If he keeps training (not as heavily obviously) and evolves, he could plausibly come back better than ever.

But I don't think that's what happens. After the PED bust, I think he's gonna try and fight clean for once, and I don't think 2 years + fighting clean(ish?) would be beneficial for him.

He's looked completely elite in his last 2 fights. Got caught by Edgar, but shit happens, he looked great before that and he destroyed Conor until he gassed (fought on 5 minutes notice)

No.

And he wasn't on the worst run of his career at all. Fought Aldo, Lamas, McGregor and Conor in a row and upped his stock.

Provided that Aldo isn't champion I imagine he'll fight for the title at least once more.

When your chin is done and you get caught with the juice its over for you. Sure he can still fight but he aint making another title run. Its over for Mini Mendes.

He's a good fighter, will make an excellent gatekeeper/Guage for newer talent looking to jump to the top of the division.

He's looked completely elite in his last 2 fights. Got caught by Edgar, but shit happens, he looked great before that and he destroyed Conor until he gassed (fought on 5 minutes notice)
he was roided to the gills yet he got finished

Mendez will be like every other roider after getting busted. They are a shell of their former selves and get finished alot.
Hector, Chael, Old-Lion, Wandy etc etc

his chin may be cracked after the Edgar and Connor KO's. if so, then he going the way of Gray Maynard

The days of the wrestler with the overhand are over at the elite level. It takes a lot more than that now.

Will his chin ever be the same? That's the question.

conor broke him. the shit he tried to talk at the press conference was the biggest cringe ever.

Back