every aspect of WWE is copied by UFC but with a shoot twist.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Lorenzo fertitta said himself that UFC was based off of the WWE business model. Inoki was a legendary japanese pro-wrestler and also a pioneer of MMA.

Pride and Pancrase were basically shoot style pro wrestlingmatches, which became what we know today as mma.

Lets compare WWE and UFC

Promos: From "ausitn 3;16" to "Do you smellalalallaowww what the rock is cookin" WWE needs good mic work and promos along with heated rivalries to build up matches. In ufc, we've had Mcgregors antics, diaz antics, "Are you there pussy?" "and plenty of other examples of the UFC fighters using promos just like in UFC, whether they are real or not isnt the point, the ufc still relies on these promos to sell a fight.

building stars: the WWE had "tough enough" where wannabes competed to see who could get a contract in the wwe. UFC has TUF, where wannabes compete to see who could get a contract in the UFC.

"Pushing": Pushing is a term in PW that means how a fighter is promoted, given big wins, and so on in order to give them a title or make them a star. an example would be goldberg in WCW, who was given an undefeated streak which eventually led to a WCW championship. In UFC, we have the same thing. Sage Northcutt, Page van zant, uriah hall, uriah faber, etc. These fighters are given certain roads to the title and more overall exposure than other fighters.

predetermined outcome vs predetermined favoritism: The former is what WWE uses, the latter is what UFC uses. While the ufc can't write out who they want to win like WWE, they can use predetermined favoritism to sway the teeter-totter one way. For example, in a close decision, the fighter being pushed will always win. Look at the recent volkov vs johnson fight. Another example is fight stoppages. Have you ever noticed that certain fighters are able to take a lot of damage, but the referee lets them continue....however, other fighters have the fight stopped somewhat quickly with not much comparable damage. Remember the lesnar vs carwin fight? Do you think carwin would have been given the same amount of time to recover as brock? Also, consider the recent Fedor vs Maldanodo fight. Do you think Maldanado would have been given the same amount of time to recover they gave fedor?

I laugh when people try to say the ufc is nothing like pro wrestling, That is a contemporary and overall historical lie.

Doesnt bother me

I wish the champs got to bring the belt too the octagon though, WWE style

1c1bdd841bfbe347fc22e14f00b3b25e486afefb_hq.jpg

The only people that cant see this are the insecure MMA nerds that like to pretend theyre tuffer than rasslin fans
WME-IMG is gonna take it even further as they use their marketing machine to turn their stable of fighters into "superstars" with tv shows, movies, toys, licensing up the wazoo etc...

Refs and judges being swayed probably happens a lot more than we want to admit. Look at Miragliotta stopping Kimbo/Thompson the second Colossus was in "trouble," or standing up Vitor/Rumble within seconds in Brazil. Or Herb Dean stopping Barao/Faber 2 after Urijah was slightly rocked but then let Ronda take several unanswered punches when she was clearly unconscious (not that I'm complaining).

I've always wondered if decisions were pre-determined. It wouldn't be hard considering that there's zero oversight of judges. They could even tell the judges like Peoples or Byrd to write down wonky scores so that people would think they were shit judges instead. How many wrong split decisions has Cecil caused? :rolleyes:

I laugh when people try to say the ufc is nothing like pro wrestling, That is a contemporary and overall historical lie.

People probably say that because fake wrestling is fixed and not a sport but the UFC isn't fixed and is a sport.
It's really not that hard and didn't need a post that long.

People probably say that because fake wrestling is fixed and not a sport but the UFC isn't fixed and is a sport.
It's really not that hard and didn't need a post that long.

predetermined outcome vs predetermined favoritism: The former is what WWE uses, the latter is what UFC uses. While the ufc can't write out who they want to win like WWE, they can use predetermined favoritism to sway the teeter-totter one way. For example, in a close decision, the fighter being pushed will always win. Look at the recent volkov vs johnson fight. Another example is fight stoppages. Have you ever noticed that certain fighters are able to take a lot of damage, but the referee lets them continue....however, other fighters have the fight stopped somewhat quickly with not much comparable damage. Remember the lesnar vs carwin fight? Do you think carwin would have been given the same amount of time to recover as brock? Also, consider the recent Fedor vs Maldanodo fight. Do you think Maldanado would have been given the same amount of time to recover they gave fedor?

The only people that cant see this are the insecure MMA nerds that like to pretend theyre tuffer than rasslin fans
WME-IMG is gonna take it even further as they use their marketing machine to turn their stable of fighters into "superstars" with tv shows, movies, toys, licensing up the wazoo etc...

yeah ufc fans are pretty insecure about this and always have been. I don't know why.

the WWE model is a pretty good model to copy

if you think thats a triangle, you should stop watching mma.

I don't.

Real triangle's choke people out.

That's called a fake WWE triangle. Which they copied from the UFC.

You WWE fanboys never give up the good fight, do you?

UFC is what prowrestling was 100 years ago. Real shoot fights. I believe that using the same style of promotion prowrestling uses but keeping the fights legit is the way to go. Point proven with Connor McG. It doesn't really matter the outcome as long as you get people vested and wanting to watch said fight.

Talking trash sells tickets. It's not exactly a genius business model. Just unfortunate that casual fans today seem more interested in personalities and fake fueds than in seeing the best fighters compete.

yeah ufc fans are pretty insecure about this and always have been. I don't know why.

the WWE model is a pretty good model to copy

i've seen this for years now. mma fans laugh at wwf fans. wwf fans get defensive and say "they only laugh at us because they know it's true" or (whatever "it" is) or "they're just insecure".

believe me when i say that non-wwe fans don't laugh at wwe fans because we are insecure. and i say this as a soccer fan who fully groks why people laugh at soccer fans. and if i can accept that this shit is ridiculous:

then you should be able to understand why you get laughed at for enjoying this:

if you enjoy wwe, then enjoy it. don't get defensive when those who don't enjoy it mock you for it. and don't tell yourself it's because we're insecure mma fans; we were laughing at you before we were even aware of MMA. for reasons having nothing whatsoever to do with mma.

and yes, every indication is that MMA is going to slide down that WWF slide into man-drama. some think it's great, some think it sucks, but pretty much everyone sees the writing on the wall.

Last edited:
Lorenzo fertitta said himself that UFC was based off of the WWE business model. Inoki was a legendary japanese pro-wrestler and also a pioneer of MMA.

Pride and Pancrase were basically shoot style pro wrestlingmatches, which became what we know today as mma.

Lets compare WWE and UFC

Promos: From "ausitn 3;16" to "Do you smellalalallaowww what the rock is cookin" WWE needs good mic work and promos along with heated rivalries to build up matches. In ufc, we've had Mcgregors antics, diaz antics, "Are you there pussy?" "and plenty of other examples of the UFC fighters using promos just like in UFC, whether they are real or not isnt the point, the ufc still relies on these promos to sell a fight.

building stars: the WWE had "tough enough" where wannabes competed to see who could get a contract in the wwe. UFC has TUF, where wannabes compete to see who could get a contract in the UFC.

"Pushing": Pushing is a term in PW that means how a fighter is promoted, given big wins, and so on in order to give them a title or make them a star. an example would be goldberg in WCW, who was given an undefeated streak which eventually led to a WCW championship. In UFC, we have the same thing. Sage Northcutt, Page van zant, uriah hall, uriah faber, etc. These fighters are given certain roads to the title and more overall exposure than other fighters.

Been saying this for years. DW is a disciple of Vince McMahon. And the UFC is sports entertainment to the extreme rather than just a true sport.

I love MMA and the UFC btw but I'm not stupid.

Back