Meltzer: "Ronda needed consoling after Nunes faceoff.

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Report: Ronda Rousey had to be consoled after her staredown with Amanda Nunes

In mid October, it was announced that former women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey would be returning to action against reigning champion Amanda Nunes. The bout, which will mark Rousey’s first since she was knocked out by Holly Holm more than a year ago, will headline UFC 207 this December 30.

As this fight draws ever closer, there has been widespread speculation as to the mental condition of Rousey. When she is focused and motivated, she is undeniably the best female fighter in the world. We know, however, that her shocking loss to Holm had a profound effect on her psyche.

"As long as she has such a great trainer the sky is the limit."

First, there was the complete radio silence that followed the loss. Nobody heard from Rousey for weeks after she was defeated, as she disappeared entirely from the public eye she once embraced. Then, there was her early 2016 appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres show, during which she confessed that she’d had suicidal thoughts in the wake of the loss. Then, of course, there was her recent assertion that whatever the outcome of he bout with Nunes, it would be one of her last – hardly the words of a motivated fighter. Needless to say, there is plenty of reason to worry about Rousey’s headspace as her battle with the extremely dangerous Nunes looms on the horizon.

On Tuesday afternoon, we were given more reason to worry about Rousey’s state of mind, as the ever-reliable Dave Meltzer confirmed that a shaken Rousey needed to be consoled after her first staredown with Nunes, which occured in the buildup to UFC 205 earlier this month.

“True”, Meltzer said firmly when asked if Rousey in fact needed to be comforted after her staredown with Nunes.

Needless to say, the reasons to question Rousey’s headspace continue to pile up. While she’s the only one who truly knows where she’s at mentally, there is real cause to believe that she is not fully invested in this return to action. If that’s the case, she’s likely in for a very rough night against the dangerous Amanda Nunes.

mjl.gif

That Holm loss really got to her.

Nunes will wreck her since her face off shook her.

Water is wet

That's so damn embarrassing especially for pro fighter that Dana and company try to make one of big faces of the company.

Thought we went through this already?

Ronda's not even in her own head.

She's a mental case.

Nunes should come to the press conference with a hoodie on and holding a purple pillow to her face.

Thread number 13 on the subject.

She back guys. She back. Ronda bless.

Report: Ronda Rousey had to be consoled after her staredown with Amanda Nunes

In mid October, it was announced that former women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey would be returning to action against reigning champion Amanda Nunes. The bout, which will mark Rousey’s first since she was knocked out by Holly Holm more than a year ago, will headline UFC 207 this December 30.

As this fight draws ever closer, there has been widespread speculation as to the mental condition of Rousey. When she is focused and motivated, she is undeniably the best female fighter in the world. We know, however, that her shocking loss to Holm had a profound effect on her psyche.

"As long as she has such a great trainer the sky is the limit."

First, there was the complete radio silence that followed the loss. Nobody heard from Rousey for weeks after she was defeated, as she disappeared entirely from the public eye she once embraced. Then, there was her early 2016 appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres show, during which she confessed that she’d had suicidal thoughts in the wake of the loss. Then, of course, there was her recent assertion that whatever the outcome of he bout with Nunes, it would be one of her last – hardly the words of a motivated fighter. Needless to say, there is plenty of reason to worry about Rousey’s headspace as her battle with the extremely dangerous Nunes looms on the horizon.

On Tuesday afternoon, we were given more reason to worry about Rousey’s state of mind, as the ever-reliable Dave Meltzer confirmed that a shaken Rousey needed to be consoled after her first staredown with Nunes, which occured in the buildup to UFC 205 earlier this month.

“True”, Meltzer said firmly when asked if Rousey in fact needed to be comforted after her staredown with Nunes.

Needless to say, the reasons to question Rousey’s headspace continue to pile up. While she’s the only one who truly knows where she’s at mentally, there is real cause to believe that she is not fully invested in this return to action. If that’s the case, she’s likely in for a very rough night against the dangerous Amanda Nunes.

Did I speed too fast on my car ride back from work???
Am I back into to the future???

this happened pre-COnor winning his fight against Eddie (Am I giving you spoilers from the future???)...

She needs to get it together. Sure the loss was embarrassing, but god damn, everybody in MMA loses.

You know what I saw?

I saw a Women who was used to getting massive standing ovations and always having raging fans when she appeared, then comes her surprise appearance annnnnddd

Well I heard crickets when she came out.

THE SUDDEN REALIZATION that she is no longer a mega star hit her like a ton of bricks.

had really nothing to do with Nunes IMO

Ronda is the most mentally tough person I know-- Dana

haha, some awesome hype is being accumulated before her next fight, her tough persona is completely shattered. The way its going now, her public persona the week of the fight will be that of a sobbing baby, might as well change all her pictures on posters with that of a crying toddler.
UFC PR department get real, earn those pesos you should be giving to fighters lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back