"I'm not ducking anyone. They've all got fights." - Bisping

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't know how to embed the link, but Bisping was just live on Facebook taking questions and made the comment that he was not ducking the top contenders. His assertion is that they all have other fights right now which is why he is taking fights with Henderson, and now he is asking for Diaz. Do you guys think his argument is valid ?

Of course not.

I think he's ducking competition to hold onto the belt, which even he knows that he doesn't really deserve.

Of course not.

I think he's ducking competition to hold onto the belt, which even he knows that he doesn't really deserve.
Ends justify the means in fighting and he laid out the undisputed champion to get the belt and defended against the longest greatest fighter of all time

Hes ducking but if he wants to fight that soon then technically they do have fights. He can fight moose or brunson or something tho it doesnt have to be one of the big 4

Ends justify the means in fighting and he laid out the undisputed champion to get the belt and defended against the longest greatest fighter of all time

No, context matters.

Yeah, but he has yet to defend it against legitimate contenders. Henderson and Diaz are not the elite of the middleweight division, and you know this.

They do all have fights lined up. He can either wait until they all fight, decide who gets the next shot, and then wait however long for them to be ready to fight again.

Or he could do another title defense. As long as he is ready to defend by the time thre is a number one contender I dont see the problem. Hes always fought a lot, I dont see why he'd stop now

He has fought 3 times this year. He does not have to fight anyone else this year tbh...

But if he wants to fight and help save the sh*tty 206 card, why are people hating or whining?

Of course not.

The UFC called him and offered him Dan Henderson, he accepted. He wants to stay busy shortly after his victory against Hendo and fight on UFC 206. Mousasi, Weidman, Romero, Rockhold, and Jacare are all fighting, coincidentally all the same exact people everyone is accusing him of ducking. He's right.

And yes, knocking the absolute dogshit out of the champion in round 1 means you deserve the belt.

He's clearly ducking if he's asking for Diaz, who is a WW.

He has to wait AT LEAST 60 days to fight again from medical suspension after Hendo concussed and gave him brain damage again/mangled his face

UFC 206 just coincidentally happens to be exactly 60 days after 204. Since when does Bisping fight 4 times in a year?

Dude is tryna milk the "reign" as much as he can and would rather risk further brain damage/going into a fight with a retired WW who hasn't won a fight in years than wait for the clear #1 contender to emerge since he knows he doesn't have much of a shot against those guys

Of course not.

Rockhold just got KO'd on his first defense.
Romero tested positive after his last fight.
Weidman hasn't fought again since getting smashed.
Jacare got screwed a bit, as the fight was quite close, and Romero....

So, the MW "Big 4" haven't done jackshit lately.

Mousasi shouldn't be fighting for the belt without another quality win.

Who else? Brunson?

The UFC called him and offered him Dan Henderson, he accepted. He wants to stay busy shortly after his victory against Hendo and fight on UFC 206. Mousasi, Weidman, Romero, Rockhold, and Jacare are all fighting, coincidentally all the same exact people everyone is accusing him of ducking. He's right.

And yes, knocking the absolute dogshit out of the champion in round 1 means you deserve the belt.

Please, he just fought. He can wait for a real middleweight.

The wait is about an extra month, for fuck's sake. If he took a nothing fight against a nobody, the division would be held up even longer.

And lol, k. He's a weaker champion than Matt Serra.

Yeah, but he has yet to defend it against legitimate contenders. Henderson and Diaz are not the elite of the middleweight division, and you know this.
He wants to win the belt and defend it twice in the same year while werdum, jacare, Yoel, and rockhold win a fight, I got no problem with that

Well, I don't know the details of the Hendo situation, but some of these contenders were available.

Them all fighting on 205 is why I'm fine with him taking a money fight for 206. Plus I like Bisping and want 206 to be a better card.

No i dont believe him. Jacare didnt have a fight when he chose henderson. And gegard doesnt have a fight now. He can fight him.

EDIT: Gegard has fight now. He still ducked jacare though.

Contextually bisping knocked out the undisputed champ then defended his belt less than 6 months later against a perennial top ten fighter

Jesus Christ. This is fight finder fan levels of delusion and ignorance.

Contextually, the champion clearly took him as a joke, and the "perennial top 10 fighter" was close to 50 and had gotten finished several times in his last few fights before getting a title shot.

Back