Fun Fact of the Day: GSP didn't get an immediate rematch after Serra loss

blah_blah619

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
and that's how it should be. Champ loses, has to fight to work back way up again. Had to fight twice and wait a year before the UFC gave him the rematch. Aldo should take notes.

I can't...I'll let someone else do it.

Georges is the best though. He doesn't need the UFC to hold his hand and give him freebies.

Another fun fact: Point Pelee National Park in Ontario is further south than the northern tip of California.

and that's how it should be. Champ loses, has to fight to work back way up again. Had to fight twice and wait a year before the UFC gave him the rematch. Aldo should take notes.
How can such an old school member be this moronic?

This account a troll account?

The only time you should get an immediate rematch is after a controversial decision or close decision, or draw/NC.

That's it.

the ufc is done with setting up fights based on merit. you better never lose or be really popular, or you are not getting paid and you are never getting a title-shot.

Serra got hurt and George faught for the interim belt vs Hughes ???
Am I wrong I'm pretty sure it went down something like this

The only time you should get an immediate rematch is after a controversial decision or close decision, or draw/NC.

That's it.
I say just draws. with the way people cry robbery, forget about split decisions.

yes there was a time when the immediate rematch didn't exist, and it was a glorious time to live in.

It's because Dana had to force GSP into the rematch.

Georgie had asked for a restraining order after getting Serra'd.

It took about a year of lawyering to force GSP back into the ring against the little Italian.

As punishment for being coerced into such a post-traumatic scenario, GSP proceeded to sleep his way through every subsequent fight thereafter.

Not many folks are aware of this. That's why they are in utter disbelief at why Dana treats Georges like a red-headed stepchild.

Now you have been informed.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, why? Why does being a champ erase your loss?
Precedent was already set with longstanding champs getting immediate rematches.

Recently Anderson and Rousey were both given immediate rematches following KO's (Rousey did not want it). Why is there a double standard for Aldo?

I want you to take the area code and location out of your profile, you're embarrassing us.

Precedent was already set with longstanding champs getting immediate rematches.

Recently Anderson and Rousey were both given immediate rematches following KO's (Rousey did not want it). Why is there a double standard for Aldo?

What precedent?

List the times it has happened.

The only ones that come to mind are bj penn getting a rematch after a crap decision and Silva getting a rematch due to the weird circumstances of the knockout.

Aldo fans overstate the number of instant rematches and always forget to mention context. No long standing champion got demolished in record time like him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back