McGregor vs Holloway 2 isn't that interesting of a match-up

blacknblue104

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Good lord, McGregor beat the living hell out of Holloway the first time they fought. It wasn't even a fight, just an ass whipping for 3 straight rounds. Not even a big McGregor fan, just stating the facts for what they are- McGregor completely handled him.

Holloway has done some good work by beating Swanson, Lamas, Stephens but none of those victories show that he can beat McGregor. Nate Diaz is taller and a much better boxer than Holloway, and he pushes a faster pace with better endurance.

Diaz also had more power than Holloway does and a better chin as well, and McGregor clearly beat Nate (imo) in that last fight. McGregor is also the vastly superior kicker, as proven in their last fight.

Holloway just isn't evasive enough to out-move and out-land McGregor over the course of five rounds. McGregor will eventually find him or keep chopping him down like he did the last fight- the only thing that got Max to the judges in the first fight was McGregor tearing his ACL, he was getting beat down until McGregor was forced to switch gears due to the injury.

I would definitely rather see McGregor vs Aldo 2, I'm way more interested in seeing how a longer version of that fight plays out than a McGregor-Holloway rematch.

Of course it isn't.. McGregor lit him up on 1 knee.

Good thing they aren't scheduled to run it back then...
<{vega}><{vega}><{vega}>

Mcgregor vs anybody 2 or 3 isnt that interesting.

Holloway was like 17 when they fought.
McGregor is only 3 years older than Holloway so I don't really think that is a significant stat . Holloway was 21 and McGregor was 24 both young fighters .

Max was a green 20yo unranked fighter with a couple years MMA experience who just robbed Leonard Garcia of all ppl of a win. Conor had been fighting for 5 years, plus had a boxing background

Lol @ using that fight to undermine a hematch

No point of ever doing Conor/Duffy again since Conor got murked quick the 1st time

McG has ruined his legacy already. Fighting 3 times outside the division where he is champion without once defending his belt. That's pathetic.

Lol at people thinking Holloway is still the fighter he was then, the guy has come on a substantial amount since then, why do you think people want to see him fight Aldo so much? his progression is what makes the Pettis fight attractive,

Max is good, fun to watch but McG is a special fighter, we forget this in amongst the razzmatazz.

Max has improved a lot, but his style isn't going to give Conor many problems.

Max is a whole new beast. He actually has the ability like Pettis to pull quick submissions

I rematches Holloway vs McGregor earlier this month and while I thought it was a highly contested fight, Conor was a clear winner and without any issue.

I even watched it with a Hawaiian fighter and he agreed.

Max was a green 20yo unranked fighter with a couple years MMA experience who just robbed Leonard Garcia of all ppl of a win. Conor had been fighting for 5 years, plus had a boxing background

Lol @ using that fight to undermine a hematch

No point of ever doing Conor/Duffy again since Conor got murked quick the 1st time
Conor got murked quick, by aldo fan logic it was a fluke. Holloway got tooled for 15 minutes like a child trying to fight his dad.
I agree that TS's point is stupid as hell tho.

I love the "Mcgregor beat him the whole fight on 1 knee" when Max was fighting on 1 foot for pretty much the entire fight.

The rematch between them would be interesting, especially in a 5 round fight. Both fighters have gotten better, but I think Max has gotten significantly better.

I love the "Mcgregor beat him the whole fight on 1 knee" when Max was fighting on 1 foot for pretty much the entire fight.

The rematch between them would be interesting, especially in a 5 round fight. Both fighters have gotten better, but I think Max has gotten significantly better.

Conor added some legit kicks to his arsenal finally though too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back