Wim Hof on why Overeem lost to Stipe

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score

LMAO at Rogan's questions you could tell Rogan just wanted to call him out on his bullshit but is too respectful to do it. For example at 7:58

Idk if he knows anything about fighting or preparing to fight, but he's definitely the man in terms of regulating his body temperature in the brutal freezing cold.

OddballExemplaryHawaiianmonkseal.gif

I see acidity

I noticed that this guy is full of BS months ago (when I first saw him) but Reem fans tried to convince me he's legit

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/overeem-has-his-own-ido-portal.3339979/
There is some research on him though. https://www.radboudumc.nl/Research/Pages/PNASIceman.aspx --> This is actually from a Dutch University Medical Center. I don't believe the mechanisms he describes, but his training does seem to have an effect. I don't know its relevance for MMA though.

Overeem lost because he tried a guillotine and didn't keep punching Stipe after knocking him down.
If the video says that then fine, if not then it's wrong.

Didn't a bunch of guys drown doing the Wim Hof exercises not that long ago?

There is some research on him though. https://www.radboudumc.nl/Research/Pages/PNASIceman.aspx --> This is actually from a Dutch University Medical Center. I don't believe the mechanisms he describes, but his training does seem to have an effect. I don't know its relevance for MMA though.

I believe this is it. I'm sure he knows stuff. Neat stuff. But I don't think he has enough of a clue about MMA to know how to help here. He seemed totally unaware of what brain trauma even was. But he said he'd take a look and form an "objective" opinion because he knows mother nature.

Right.

Can this guy help Reem in MMA? Doubtful. He seems to think that if Reem breathed better then Stipe's punches would have slipped off of him? I don't get it.

The man pits himself against himself and he knows tons about that but I don't think he knows how to help against taking a bunch of blows unless he himself is also beaten up in his exercises.

I believe this is it. I'm sure he knows stuff. Neat stuff. But I don't think he has enough of a clue about MMA to know how to help here. He seemed totally unaware of what brain trauma even was. But he said he'd take a look and form an "objective" opinion because he knows mother nature.

Right.

Can this guy help Reem in MMA? Doubtful. He seems to think that if Reem breathed better then Stipe's punches would have slipped off of him? I don't get it.

The man pits himself against himself and he knows tons about that but I don't think he knows how to help against taking a bunch of blows unless he himself is also beaten up in his exercises.
Honestly I don't think he knows anything about the science behind what he's doing. He just found a way to endure extreme cold, and noticed that it has some positive effects and can make him do crazy shit. The mechanisms he describes are totally illogical.

He's the reason Overeem beat JDS.

I believe that there is a lot to what he is saying. It's just that using fighters and fighting as a vehicle is not wise due to a lot of other stressful factors that simply breathing won't mitigate, at least not greatly.

2007: He climbed to 6.7 kilometres (22,000 ft) altitude at Mount Everest wearing nothing but shorts and shoes

Hmm. Climbing that distance up Everest half bollock naked then going back down is a feat in itself.

Back