Cody Garbrandt deserves the title shot more than Tj did when he got the title shot against Barao

J

JollyRants

Let me refresh your memories. People say Cody didnt beat no top fighters to earn the title shot, well guess what neither did TJ heres what Tj did to get his title shot. upload_2016-10-28_17-13-31.png Tj was coming off wins over Hugo Viana, Issei Tamura, Vaughan Lee and Walel Watson. He also was coming off 1 win compared to Cody Garbrandt 5 wins. Heres what Cody did to win the title shot. upload_2016-10-28_17-15-28.png So i think Cody deserves the title shot more than Tj did when he earn his shot on top of the fact that both him and Cruz wanna fight each other. So in other words Cody beat the tougher guys and he has 5 wins compared to Tj 1 no matter if you though he won the Assuncao fight the facts are he lost it. Thoughts ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not about that and you know it.
It's about who deserves the shot relative to the rest of the division CURRENTLY.
Not about who deserves the shot relative to everybody else in history.

TJ was a last minute replacement for Assunçao.

It's not about that and you know it.
It's about who deserves the shot relative to the rest of the division CURRENTLY.
Not about who deserves the shot relative to everybody else in history.
Well in that case Cody still would deserve it more than TJ 1 win and the fact that he just lost to Cruz already.

Well in that case Cody still would deserve it more than TJ 1 win and the fact that he just lost to Cruz already.
Yeah, TJ is the only contender in the entire division.
I don't know why you feel the need to defend this - Cody is just one of three guys at 135 who "deserve" a title shot for various reasons. The UFC thinks he'll sell more and Dom wants to fight him because it's "fresh"
That's about it

strawmanillustration.png

Yeah, TJ is the only contender in the entire division.
I don't know why you feel the need to defend this - Cody is just one of three guys at 135 who "deserve" a title shot for various reasons. The UFC thinks he'll sell more and Dom wants to fight him because it's "fresh"
That's about it
How is he the only contender in a stacked division lol ? He just lost the against the champion, how could he still be the contender ? Hes coming off 1 win and is the only contender ? <{cruzshake}>

How is he the only contender in a stacked division lol ? He just lost the against the champion, how could he still be the contender ? Hes coming off 1 win and is the only contender ? <{cruzshake}>
That statement was sarcastic, because you only compared Cody's bid to TJ's. Keep up, bud.

That statement was sarcastic, because you only compared Cody's bid to TJ's. Keep up, bud.
Yeah because people are saying he deserves the title shot over Cody when hes just lost and only won 1 fight. Cody has done more than what TJ did to earn his title shot, so how could Cody not deserve it and Tj did when he got his title shot ?

Well he arguably should still be champion because he arguably beat Cruz so there's that.

Yeah because people are saying he deserves the title shot over Cody when hes just lost and only won 1 fight.

Assuancao is a better win than anyone on Cody's resume by far. He also arguably beat Cruz. Fighters have gotten rematches for a lot less .Cody's never been a fighter in the top 5, nobody he's beaten is currently in the top 10. Rivera has a better win streak than Cody in terms of numbers, and a win over Faber who previously had only lost to champs. Lineker is on a finish streak and stopped Dodson who was in the top 10. Any of these four guys has some sort of argument or bid for a title shot, there's nothing particularly special about Cody's except for some reason he's viewed as marketable. The UFC likes the fight, and they want to catch it now because Cody might lose in the near future - they don't know for sure what they have with him.

My response is "Meh" who gives a fuck at this point. Cody leapfrogged some dudes, what else is new in the UFC>

Well he arguably should still be champion because he arguably beat Cruz so there's that.
He didnt beat Cruz lol, Cruz won that fight easily. Cruz took Tj to school till he reinjured his leg in the 4. How did he arguably beat Cruz ?

He didnt beat Cruz lol, Cruz won that fight easily. Cruz took Tj to school till he reinjured his leg in the 4. How did he arguably beat Cruz ?

Did you watch the fight? Your comment leads me to believe you didn't.

I dont think is a better win than anyone on Cody's resume by far. He also arguably beat Cruz. Fighters have gotten rematches for a lot less .Cody's never been a fighter in the top 5, nobody he's beaten is currently in the top 10. Rivera has a better win streak than Cody in terms of numbers, and a win over Faber who previously had only lost to champs. Lineker is on a finish streak and stopped Dodson who was in the top 10. Any of these four guys has some sort of argument or bid for a title shot, there's nothing particularly special about Cody's except for some reason he's viewed as marketable. The UFC likes the fight, and they want to catch it now because Cody might lose in the near future - they don't know for sure what they have with him.

My response is "Meh" who gives a fuck at this point. Cody leapfrogged some dudes, what else is new in the UFC>
I dont think beating a Assucao that was on the shelf for 2 fucking years is a better win than racking 5 wins in a row in the UFC. Yeah but TJ never beat a top 5 to earn his title shot anyways and Assuncao shouldn't of been top 5 in the first place after being on the shelf for 2 years lol. I think 5 wins trumps beating an Assucao that was not in the cage for 2 years and you just lost to the champ. I dont think TJ arguably beat Cruz, Cruz beat him easily 3 - 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you watch the fight? Your comment leads me to believe you didn't.
Yeah i watched the fight Cruz took the first 3 rounds easily lol. What rounds did you give TJ to have him beating Cruz ?

I dont think a beating a Assucao that was on the shelf for 2 fucking years is a better win than ranking 5 wins in a row in the UFC. Yeah but TJ never beat a top 5 to earn his title shot anyways and Assuncao shouldn't of been top 5 in the first place after being on the shelf for 2 years lol. I think 5 wins trumps beating an Assucao that was not in the cage for 2 years and you just lost to the champ. I dont think TJ arguably beat Cruz, Cruz beat him easily 3 - 2.
<{fry}>

Yeah i watched the fight Cruz took the first 3 rounds easily lol. What rounds did you give TJ to have him beating Cruz ?

How can you watch that fight and say he easily won!? Like wtf.... Every single round was close and probably the majority should have been 10-10 rounds.... Do you ever score 10-10 rounds or is there always a 10-9?

Back