Fans want Cruz vs Dillashaw

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
UFC booking Cody vs Cruz is missing out on a huge opportunity.

Garbrant vs Lineker and Cruz vs Dillashaw is the fight everyone is asking for.

Honestly, fans would be more hyped for this matchup than with Cruz/Cody. It's more exciting, fun and ultimately more unpredictable.

We all know that Cody is not finishing Cruz and he's going to get worked for 5rounds. TAM doesn't have the answer and it's been proven time and time again.

Not only this but TJ is the real #1 contender. A huge majority of EDUCATED fans feel that he edged out the first fight and had there been a round 6, Cruz would have gotten finished.

To say that Cruz is not running is a complete lie. Cody is not a well known fighter that sells ppv and that "beef" seems very wolf tickets.

TJ vs Cruz or TJ vs Cody

I thought a rusty Cruz won their first fight and expect the same in the rematch. Only this time there won't be any question, Cruz owns.

That said, Dillishaw definitely deserves a second shot.

Not me, ive always wanted cody vs cruz.

"Garbrant vs Lineker and Cruz vs Dillashaw is the fight everyone is asking for" - i agree, but what can we do?

TJ vs Lineker
Caraway vs Rivera

UFC booking Cody vs Cruz is missing out on a huge opportunity.

Garbrant vs Lineker and Cruz vs Dillashaw is the fight everyone is asking for.

Honestly, fans would be more hyped for this matchup than with Cruz/Cody. It's more exciting, fun and ultimately more unpredictable.

We all know that Cody is not finishing Cruz and he's going to get worked for 5rounds. TAM doesn't have the answer and it's been proven time and time again.

Not only this but TJ is the real #1 contender. A huge majority of EDUCATED fans feel that he edged out the first fight and had there been a round 6, Cruz would have gotten finished.

To say that Cruz is not running is a complete lie. Cody is not a well known fighter that sells ppv and that "beef" seems very wolf tickets.

TJ vs Cruz or TJ vs Cody
Noone wants to see anymore rematches SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. Cruz already beat Dillashaw let him atleast win 2 before a rematch.

The BW class hasn't been exciting ever. Let Dom and TJ fight different opponents for now. I like the idea of Killashaw vs Lineker btw.

TJ vs Dom 2 will happen because the first fight was so close and they both really hate each other and it only makes sense for it to happen in the near future. Plus I wouldn't count out Garbrandt's power in the Cruz fight.

Noone wants to see anymore rematches SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. Cruz already beat Dillashaw let him atleast win 2 before a rematch.
Totally agree. These quick rematches have been absurd. T.J. is a monster and I'd probably rank him as top 10 p4p, but felled champions should win a few fights before getting another title shot -- with rare exceptions for long-reigning, dominant champions.

Totally agree. These quick rematches have been absurd. T.J. is a monster and I'd probably rank him as top 10 p4p, but felled champions should win a few fights before getting another title shot -- with rare exceptions for long-reigning, dominant champions.

Actually, there are many fans complaining. There is no logical reason for garbrant to leap frog this many people off of a win against mizugaki.

He's not a draw, in fact, casuals have no idea who he is other than "that fighter with the neck tattoos"

No top 10 wins.

No storyline other than that fabricated run in during fox show.

Yes, he's exciting but how about 1 more fight? What's the rush?

Actually, there are many fans complaining. There is no logical reason for garbrant to leap frog this many people off of a win against mizugaki.

He's not a draw, in fact, casuals have no idea who he is other than "that fighter with the neck tattoos"

No top 10 wins.

The rush is because Garbrandt and Cruz wanna fight each and Garbrandt won 5 in a row. Oh come on Tj had no top wins and was coming off 1 win when he fought Barao for the title, so dont give me that. Cody is exciting and knocks people out and is a fresh match up. Also Cody and Cruz wanna fight each other and dont like each other. The fight i bad blood and is better than a rematch that Cruz will easily win.

1 Cody and Cruz hate each other and it sells

2 Cody won 5 in a row in the UFC much more than what Tj did to earn his title shot

3 Fresh matchup

4 TJ just lost let him win at least 2 in a row

I would prefer TJ/Cruz 2 and Lineker/Garbrandt simply because the latter fight is awesome.

Does Cruz-TJ do better business? If so not by much I don't think. The numbers will be hard to decipher because Ronda's return will do good business and Werdum-Cain 2 was going to carry a PPV earlier in the year before it fell out.

I expect TJ to fight the winner of this fight so you may very well get what you want in < 6 months anyways.

I want to see all three fight, so I don't care the order

I thought that TJ looked like the better athlete in their first fight but Dom just found a way to squeeze by in the rounds

If TJ fought a smarter fight he could definitely win, Dom got some sneaky takedowns on him but he had no chance of keeping TJ down he popped up instantly which surprised me

I don't think fans care that much to be honest. Casuals don't know who Dillashaw is and the hardcores all posts snake memes.

No top 10 wins.

I've never argued that Cody should get the shot. My point is that these quick rematches are getting out of hand. At this point, nobody has solidified a title shot. Cody hasn't beaten any top guys, T.J. has just one win since losing the title, and Lineker hasn't proven that he can be trusted to make weight. In a situation like this, I'm fine with any of them getting the shot, since no one has really "earned" it. But if I had to choose, I'd probably rather a fresh matchup than one we just saw 9 months ago.

I've never argued that Cody should get the shot. My point is that these quick rematches are getting out of hand. At this point, nobody has solidified a title shot. Cody hasn't beaten any top guys, T.J. has just one win since losing the title, and Lineker hasn't proven that he can be trusted to make weight. In a situation like this, I'm fine with any of them getting the shot, since no one has really "earned" it. But if I had to choose, I'd probably rather a fresh matchup than one we just saw 9 months ago.

I see your point 100%

Of the 3, TJ beat the most credible assunsao. Garbrant is exciting and fun to watch but him and Lineker would have been fireworks

Cody and Cruz is not a bad option but my gut tells me that it's gonna be 5 rounds of Cody trying to clip Dom with a no love bomb. To me it just seem like a dud and a little premature.

I just felt like UFC dropped the ball

Back