Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Mark Hunt
Jose Aldo
GSP
Frank Mir

Anyone else??

My opinion is that the UFC should just let them go if they want to go. Why hold on to them if they don't want to be there?

I think the UFC exclusive contract should be less strict and allow some way for fighters to get out of it without ruining their livelihoods

UFC let's go of stars, they lose their foothold on the market. Other promotions will benefit.

Mir is USADA'd so...

UFC let's go of stars, they lose their foothold on the market. Other promotions will benefit.

I understand the logic but there should be some way to protect fighters as well. I think it makes sense for the exclusive contracts to be less strict and allow a way for fighters to get out of it without ruining their lives, especially during a time that new owners are taking over.

I understand the logic but there should be some way to protect fighters as well. I think it makes sense for the exclusive contracts to be less strict and allow a way for fighters to get out of it without ruining their lives, especially during a time that new owners are taking over.
Fighters' Union.

Mark Hunt
Jose Aldo
GSP
Frank Mir

Anyone else??

My opinion is that the UFC should just let them go if they want to go. Why hold on to them if they don't want to be there?

I think the UFC exclusive contract should be less strict and allow some way for fighters to get out of it without ruining their livelihoods
web1_coker3_6921221.jpg

Mark Hunt
Jose Aldo
GSP
Frank Mir

Anyone else??

1. Beaten by a doper and salty about it
2. Just salty
3. Retired years ago who cares
4. PED User about to be banned

Bad business to just let them out. Makes no sense at all

Mir is USADA'd so...
Even more reason to let him go so he can fight in rizin. He's 37 & suspended for 2 years. I can see basically no reason to not let him go except to say fuck you.

Even more reason to let him go so he can fight in rizin. He's 37 & suspended for 2 years. I can see basically no reason to not let him go except to say fuck you.

And what sort of precedent does that set?

Want to get out of your UFC contract.... take ped's and get released.

You realise that creates a pretty stupid situation.

The guy cheated, the two year suspension should be served out, not used as a way to get out of your contract. If a tennis player gets busted for PED's they cant just stop playing tennis and take up swimming instead

If I was all these fighters I would just beat up Dana until he lets me have my contract away

Mark Hunt
Jose Aldo
GSP
Frank Mir

Anyone else??

Or they could bet on themselves and sign shorter contracts so they don't run into these issues. Don't want to be tied down to low pay and long contract? then sign for less fights and re-negotiate. The problem is if you suck then when your short contract comes up for renewal you have no chips.

That's how it would work in a perfect world, but business people want to keep all the power, and there is absolutely no benefit for them to let them go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back