Jim Miller +140 against Thiago Alves

fractal

93andbeyond.com
@red
Reaction score
This is a good bet. I don't see how Alves wins this. The Alves that fought Kos, hell yeah. Not the current one.

I'll put my money on Alves tbh....

Wait, what? What weight is this at?
(Not intended to be a tongue twister).

Alves should smash miller

Way better stand up and miller wont be able to take him down

Alves smash

I feel like Alves is the better fighter
But I don't know how the weight cut will affect him

What is the "Current One?"
That doesn't make sense, he hasn't looked bad in his fights
He's fighting like he always has

I don't expect Alves to look great. he looked old and slow in his last fights at WW and since has only gotten older. Now he's cutting to a divsiion where fighters are more skilled and quicker and cutting the weight at a very old age.
Also USADA.

I expect him to be painfully slow

I agree. Even if Alves comes in 100% healthy (which I SERIOUSLY doubt given the lad isn't getting any younger and has had trouble making 170 at times in the past, plus is kinda injury-prone), its a tough fight for him. He's a way better striker, agreed - but Miller can throw hands, is durable as hell and will get in your fucking face.

Alves can throw those legkicks but he'll be defending takedowns every so often while doing so. Its gonna be a war of attrition and one that a physically depleted Alves might well lose.

Miller, split decision.

I don't trust either one at this point to be honest. If I HAD to bet on this fight I'd pick Miller just b/c the payout would be better. I certainly don't trust either one.

I feel like miller is the type of fighter that Alves will look good against-not particularly dangerous stand up, declining wrestling and lack of athleticism. If anything, Alves should be a bigger favorite, despite inactivity, weight cut and injuries.

Toss up forsure, we haven't seen Alves at 155 yet, I could see Alves TKOing him, but I could also see him gas and Miller get a submission in the 2nd or 3rd.

When USADA gets implemented Alves takes a nice long hiatus and comes back a weight class lower lmao.

What is the "Current One?"
That doesn't make sense, he hasn't looked bad in his fights
He's fighting like he always has
He's looked good for maybe 20 seconds in his last 2 fights combined.

light weight Alves is possible now Thanks to USADA .

Maybe they can give us BW Cyborg

This is a good bet. I don't see how Alves wins this. The Alves that fought Kos, hell yeah. Not the current one.
What do you mean "the current one"? He looked pretty good vs Condit, and Miller isn't nearly as powerful or unpredictable as he is. I think Alves will run right through him, he has great tdd, great counter punching combos, stronger kicks. I honestly think Alves will bulldoze him.

Big toss up, both guys best days have passed, Id take Miller just for the chance if he can get Alves down.

What do you mean "the current one"? He looked pretty good vs Condit, and Miller isn't nearly as powerful or unpredictable as he is. I think Alves will run right through him, he has great tdd, great counter punching combos, stronger kicks. I honestly think Alves will bulldoze him.

Condit brutalized him and that was Condit in his first return fight since his injury. Alves has never been super fast but recently he has looked slow as fuck and that against WWs. He beat that tall dude but I didn't think he looked that great and Mein looked very comfortable until Alves landed the kick
Alves has power, is strong and has good TDD. But Miller will be quicker and he hasn't shown any serious signs of decline so far unlike Alves. Millers hands aren't bad either

Back