What are the odds that fighter pay actually regresses under the UFC's new regime?

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
as it stands, it is pretty much an unwritten rule that minimum fighter pay in the UFC is 10k to show.

We know that the new owners are trying to slash costs anywhere they possibly can.

Realistically, the new brass could cut minimum fighter pay in half, from 10k to 5k, and still have a much healthier minimum payout than Bellator(whose minimum purse seems to be around 1.5-2k)

10 prelim fights... 20 fighters. Saving 5k per fighter could result in them pocketing 100k per event(assuming all prelim fighters are on the minimum pay scale)

At least they can rely on Reebok

they're already doing that. Stated less cards next year = less opportunities for fighters to get paid = less fighter pay out.

they're already doing that. Stated less cards next year = less opportunities for fighters to get paid = less fighter pay out.
I wasn't referring to downsizing the company; I was referring to reducing fighter wage.

I wasn't referring to downsizing the company; I was referring to reducing fighter wage.

which again they are already doing. Less opportunities to fight means less pay for a fighter per CY. it's kinda common sense bruh. Even if you don't see a decline in 1 fight payout doesn't mean they aren't reducing wages. They're giving the fighters less chances to earn a living thus cutting their earnings and wages. Gotta look at the issue from more than one way, which you are clearly doing.

which again they are already doing. Less opportunities to fight means less pay for a fighter per CY. it's kinda common sense bruh. Even if you don't see a decline in 1 fight payout doesn't mean they aren't reducing wages. They're giving the fighters less chances to earn a living thus cutting their earnings and wages. Gotta look at the issue from more than one way, which you are clearly doing.

I completely understand that bruh. What I was referring to specifically was the wage a fighter "works" for.

What I'm arguing is whether the new company would cut entry level position wage from $12 dollars to $10.

What you're arguing is whether the entry level employees will be part time or full time.

Both valid, just different points.

These athletes will need to cut costs on coaches and training. They might be able to afford BJJ DVDs on that salary.

If they do, which they might, I imagine they'll have to draft up new contracts. These being anitquated and potentially challenged in court would make them look pretty shitty. They could reduce wages but make the contract less restrictive.

They weren't willing to pay GSP what he wanted. Instead they decided to re-introduce him to the public via him terminating their contract and making headlines.

I mean as a promotion company, can you get cheaper promotion that that? Pretty smart, eh? They're off to a good start, yes.

These athletes will need to cut costs on coaches and training. They might be able to afford BJJ DVDs on that salary.

Bas Rutten has a dope barfighting CD some of them could learn from I think.

Back