Fighters who couldve been greater..

dmc

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What fighters could have been/be better than they are?

I think of Roy Nelson for one. If he wouldve took his cardio/training more serious, he wouldve been a Champion by now. Instead he just likes jumping on the cage and rubbing his belly after his wins. Nothing wrong with having a gut, but he could have shedded a few pounds and got cardio. He hits hard and has a solid chin...

Also, you have Nick Diaz. He has superior cardio and good stand up. He might not have the most power in his punches, but he can take a shot, and he has a great ground game to fall back on if needed. But instead he chooses not to fight. He was awesome in SF, but hasnt done sh*t since then...

Erick Silva, although hes still young and could turn things around when he hits his prime.

yes Erick Silva

He is young and still has potential to be GOAT.

BJ Penn. perhaps the most gifted fighter ever. He did well but damn he should have gone down with the likes of GSP and Anderson.

Vitor Belfort too. The middle of his career was a big disappointment.

Tito Ortiz if fucking Chuck The Eyes Man Liddell didn't poke his eye out.

<{danayeah}>

BJ Penn. perhaps the most gifted fighter ever. He did well but damn he should have gone down with the likes of GSP and Anderson.

Vitor Belfort too. The middle of his career was a big disappointment.
Vitor you can't blame because his sister disappeared.

I'd say Uriah Hall if he wasnt easy to pressure.

Tito Ortiz if fucking Chuck The Eyes Man Liddell didn't poke his eye out.

<{danayeah}>

And, yes Chuck did poke his eye. But Tito could have had a better 2nd run than he did.

Minus all the injury jokes, he did have 2 serious surgeries on his neck and his back...He has never been KOd, they may have said Chuck KOd him, but they were TKOs. He was finished with a few body shots as well, but those shots wouldve finished anyone...

yes Erick Silva

He is young and still has potential to be GOAT.

Erick Silva is an entertaining fighter. I love to watch him fight. But he's not young anymore, he's 32 years old...

Whether he has reached his potential or not remains to be seen, but you can't regard him as a talent by now...

aleksander emelianenko

fedor emelianenko.

I always thought Thiago Alves was going to wreck shop. He just seemed to never improve

I think kid could have gone down as one of the greatest smaller fighters of all time. He had good wrestling and power, but once he came over to the ufc he wasn't the same. I know he wasn't young when he came over but maybe if he transitioned to the US at the earlier stage in his career it would have paid off big.

Also Genki Sudo, but he chose to leave early. He got robbed in the Ludwig fight. Seeing him and kid fight was a nightmare for me lol

Guillard and Leben kinda failed me too...Both couldve went higher up the ladder than they did...

Back