why didn't the Mirgliotta take a point from hunt for fence grabbing

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Here is mark hunt fence grabbing against lesnar.

the mirg clearly sees it, yet no warning or point deduction. seems pretty corrupt.
6d3bacfe0be2fa929dd02e2f6bfd875c.gif

Last edited:
The ref should have borrowed Brock's "eye medication" to spot the foul

Why didn't he take a point from Brock for being on PEDs? Because the world is full of unexplained mysteries.

That's not Rosenthal.

Rosenthal is grabbing the fence himself right now, I would imagine.

Why didn't he take a point from Brock for being on PEDs? Because the world is full of unexplained mysteries.

its not his job to check for peds, its his job to be a referee.

Because it had no impact on the takedown and fence grabbing is usually more of a reflex than other fouls.

Here is mark hunt fence grabbing against lesnar.

rosenthal clearly sees it, yet no warning or point deduction. seems pretty corrupt.
6d3bacfe0be2fa929dd02e2f6bfd875c.gif
Probably because the fight ended up on the ground anyway.

The "grabbing" didn't change the outcome. It looks more like a natural reaction and that he reached for the fence, not that he was grabbing and holding hard enough to not get taken down. I don't think a point should have been deducted as he let go when he was falling down. Compare it to Aldo vs Mendes and you see an obvious case where a point should be deducted.

b0WQR+(1).gif

not if hunt landed a punch it wouldnt have. oh wait lesnar kept him at bay with his jab lol
I fail to see what that has to do with my post. You asked why he didn't get warned/lost a point, I gave you the answer.

Why would he stop the action to take a point away for a fence grab that didn't prevent the take down or impact the fight?

I fail to see what that has to do with my post. You asked why he didn't get warned/lost a point, I gave you the answer.

the is never an excuse for a paid official to not do his job

He barely grabbed and fence and didn't stop the takedown at all. A point shouldn't be taken for something like that.

Back