So if Conor loses does he still have to give up the FW belt

Captain Herb

10000 Likes
@Silver
Reaction score
(In light of the fact that he will never return to 145) Or does he just get to keep it forever?

Last edited:
I don't think he can or should make that cut anymore, so eventually they will have to take the belt from him.

Probs a Diaz trilogy fight, then retire an 'undefeated champion'

He might have to suck Dana a little harder and longer if he does, but he should be alright.

Might have to work the testicles in as well just to seal the deal.

I assume if he takes a year our or whatever this announcement is after the fight, yeah he'll have to give it up. If he's fit and willing to fight, give him either Aldo or the winner of Pettis vs Holloway.

It's hard to say. We don't know what his 'big announcement' is. If its time off, then I would assume he will be stripped. If it's a mayweather fight it could go either way - for promotion purposes they will want to say he's a champion, but that will be time away from the sport so he SHOULD be stripped. If its a move to welterweight or a rematch with Alvarez/Diaz, then yes. But if its something goofy like hes having a child but not leaving the sport or something, then no, but he will HAVE to defend the belt.

He should be forced to vacate the belt if his next fight is anything else than a title defense at FW.

If he decides to stay at LW then obviously he will have to give up the FW belt. If he decides to move back to FW then obviously he won't have to give up the FW belt. Is it that hard to understand?

He should be forced to vacate the belt if his next fight is anything else than a title defense at FW.
That is completely reasonable. By the time he is available again it will be over a year since he won the FW belt. That's more than long enough.

It's hard to say. We don't know what his 'big announcement' is. If its time off, then I would assume he will be stripped. If it's a mayweather fight it could go either way - for promotion purposes they will want to say he's a champion, but that will be time away from the sport so he SHOULD be stripped. If its a move to welterweight or a rematch with Alvarez/Diaz, then yes. But if its something goofy like hes having a child but not leaving the sport or something, then no, but he will HAVE to defend the belt.
Highly doubt its the Mayweather fight since he said May doesn't want the fight because Conor doesn't want to limit himself to just boxing. Said it in an interview already. He has to drop one title. I think TS was referring to if he loses does Alvarez basically become a two time champ? As in like is his title on the line too. I could be wrong. Either way he has to drop one if he wins. If he loses and needs time off he should still drop it.

you see the smart play about all this BS that is happening?
IF he loses HE STILL A CHAMPION!
you see?
and they still have a excuse to say it will take time for cut all the weight down.

Seeing as he's taking a year or two off to play stay-at-home-dad, hopefully.

That is completely reasonable. By the time he is available again it will be over a year since he won the FW belt. That's more than long enough.
And he'll be 1-2 since winning. Could easily 0-3 since winning the belt.

And he'll be 1-2 since winning. Could easily 0-3 since winning the belt.
He couldn't be 0-3, he pretty obviously won his second fight with Diaz. But he would not have fought in 'his' division for a whole year, while being capable of doing so. That's significant.

I don't think he can or should make that cut anymore, so eventually they will have to take the belt from him.
He's never missed weight and has a ridiculous amount of money for dieting/nutrition options.

If he loses you bet hes jumping back down and going midget merkin again

If he decides to stay at LW then obviously he will have to give up the FW belt. If he decides to move back to FW then obviously he won't have to give up the FW belt. Is it that hard to understand?
Ok, here's my point and I probably should have stated it in the op but I thought everyone was on the same page.

1. Conor isn't going back to FW. Everyone knows this.
2. Conor needs a belt so he can claim to be champ of something.
3. UFC does whatever he says so they're letting him keep the 145 belt until he can get the 155.
4. If Conor loses to Eddie, is he STILL going to be allowed to hang on to the belt when everyone knows he's not going to rematch Aldo at 145?

Highly doubt its the Mayweather fight since he said May doesn't want the fight because Conor doesn't want to limit himself to just boxing. Said it in an interview already. He has to drop one title. I think TS was referring to if he loses does Alvarez basically become a two time champ? As in like is his title on the line too. I could be wrong. Either way he has to drop one if he wins. If he loses and needs time off he should still drop it.
lol wut??? The FW belt is not on the line - this is a LIGHTWEIGHT fight. TS makes no reference to believing otherwise, either.

Back