Can Conor kick Eddie without being taken down?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
That's my question.

Conor has some nice kicks but will he be able to show any kicks without being taken down?

We will probably find out.

I doubt Conor will try low kicks a lot though. Eddie trains with Frankie and Frankie is excellent at catching kicks.

Low kicks are generally not the best weapon against wrestlers unless you have a freakish ability to scramble and get back up like Aldo.

Sure he can. But he can't do any sort kick. He has to use his leg like a whip. That...is the key against a wrestler.

He jump back kicked Chad in the throat. Also, kicked his body several times.

Conor can if he uses his get in get out strategy. And he probably will.

He probably also hopes Eddie will fail 2-3 takedowns and then decides to stand and trade with Conor.. which would probably result in Conor winning.

But again.. probably.

We don't know if Conor threw away 80% of his attacking arsenal just for the 2nd Diaz fight or is this going to be the new eco version of himself from now on to last the whole potential 5 rounds. Not even taking into account the rumour of a foot injury.

We will probably find out.

I doubt Conor will try low kicks a lot though. Eddie trains with Frankie and Frankie is excellent at catching kicks.

Low kicks are generally not the best weapon against wrestlers unless you have a freakish ability to scramble and get back up like Aldo.

But wait is he facing Eddie Edgar or Frankie Alvarez??

Just because one team mate is good at something doesn't mean another 1 will be.

But I agree with what your saying for the most part.

So Eddie has become a national wrestling champ all of the sudden huh? Only on Sherdog.

It wouldn't be smart. I think it'll just be pressure, his measured boxing approach, and the obvious emphasis to sprawl on any of Eddie's takedowns.

Didn't Nate take him down from an attempted kick?

But wait is he facing Eddie Edgar or Frankie Alvarez??

Just because one team mate is good at something doesn't mean another 1 will be.

But I agree with what your saying for the most part.
What I meant to say is that they have been training together for years. Despite actually having a lot of similarities in their fighting styles I expect Eddie to have trained catching kicks before as well.

Sure he can. But he can't do any sort kick. He has to use his leg like a whip. That...is the key against a wrestler.

I genuinely can't tell if you're making fun of the dumb shit Conor says or if you're being serious right now.

It wouldn't be smart. I think it'll just be pressure, his measured boxing approach, and the obvious emphasis to sprawl on any of Eddie's takedowns.

Didn't Nate take him down from an attempted kick?
End of the first round of the first fight. He threw a very slow and imo sloppy kick and got taken down. Then Conor did a sweep on Nate.

Back