Simple reason why I think Eddie dominates and beats Conor.

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
He brings a more explosive and capable TD and wrestling type of pressure with explosiveness, unlike Nate. Underrated aspect of his game, but can bring the same type of pressure as Nate and Nick (highly overrated cardio, because they just fight at one pace, and never ever explode, besides a combo, here and there), but with consistent explosions, and with a consistent pace, and the main reason why I think he dominates Conor is, he has a proven heart and chin in dog fights, much like Nate, but he doesn't have the same major exploitable flaws and weaknesses as Nate Diaz, ala leg kicks.

Conor won't have anything to really take him out of his game from the opening bell. In the rematch with Nate, the damage was already done with the leg kicks, that no matter how much Nate started pouring it on, his legs were already too jacked up to ever get the finish, or go into a 2nd hear to win rounds, or finish him.

Eddie is going to bring that wrestler/boxer type pressure, but Conor won't have a set game plan to be able to weaken him early on. He's gonna get into a dog fight with Eddie, except Eddie will take him down consistently, or once, and wear him out, and it's over from there, or dog fight, then always get taken down, because Eddie will time the TDs and grappling exchanges, while keeping a steady pace, while Conor fades.

When he said Conor's an 8 minute fighter, he knew and knows what he's talking about. Eddie's going to paint a masterpiece, and break the news to Conor nut huggers, and casuals that there is no Santa Clause.

He was broken down by Cowboys leg kicks.

WelllitFrayedFoxterrier.gif

He was broken down by Cowboys leg kicks.

Cowboy leg kicks are not equal to Conor's leg kicks. Please tuck yourself into bed, right now. You're not getting a bedtime story for this idiotic post.

I could see what you're saying happening, & I could also see Eddie striking with conor too much, getting flustered by the reach & getting tagged till he gets put away. We'll see. This is close to a pick em fight for me.

Cowboy leg kicks are not equal to Conor's leg kicks. Please tuck yourself into bed, right now. You're not getting a bedtime story for this idiotic post.
Cowboy has a 29-0 kickboxing record and as the other guy brought up was destroying Alvarez with leg kicks. Has Conor even used leg kicks in any meaningful way outside of the Nate fight?

Edit: oh ok you were saying Cowboys kicks are better thought you were crazy for a second

Last edited:
i think mendes was a much better mma wrestling. eddies wrestling seems overrated if you ask me.

i think will alvarez be a step behind conor during the fight and it will cost him. a counter puncher like conor is a terrible mathcup for a guy who throws roundhouses like eddie does and leaves himself open for said counters.

Eddie might SIMPLY take Conor down and own him on the ground. The best chance Conor has is to keep it standing and land the left and to do that as early as possible.

i think mendes was a much better mma wrestling. eddies wrestling seems overrated if you ask me.

i think will alvarez be a step behind conor during the fight and it will cost him. a counter puncher like conor is a terrible mathcup for a guy who throws roundhouses like eddie does and leaves himself open for said counters.

Eddie is much much bigger than Mendes, and will have a full training camp.

I could see what you're saying happening, & I could also see Eddie striking with conor too much, getting flustered by the reach & getting tagged till he gets put away. We'll see. This is close to a pick em fight for me.
This is the only way i see Connie making it happen.
Lets just hope Eddie doenst tru to make this a boxing match in the first 2 rounds.
Then I think he is pretty safe.

Eddies gonna beat the brakes off Conor. Gonna be hilarious. Homie couldn't even past gate keeper Nate who cant wrestle and can't check leg kicks. Eddie on the other hand is a complete fighter (wrestling striking JJ) with championship experience. Actually Eddie, RDA, Tony and Khabib would all beat the fuck out of Conor.

Even if Conor miraculously wins is Eddie does some dumb shit like Aldo he has no hope maintaining.

Eddie is much much bigger than Mendes, and will have a full training camp.

true, but beside pettis he hasnt shown such dominant wrestling. and pettis isnt a great wrestler by any means

Eddies gonna beat the brakes off Conor. Gonna be hilarious. Homie couldn't even past gate keeper Nate who cant wrestle and can't check leg kicks. Eddie on the other hand is a complete fighter (wrestling striking JJ) with championship experience. Actually Eddie, RDA, Tony and Khabib would all beat the fuck out of Conor.
His wrestling is overrated. Striking sucks. His BJJ is non-existent.

and his championship experience came at the B level against B level fighters

Nate Diaz outstrikes everyone at LW without the TD threat. Nate Diaz has a chin over and above everyone at LW. Rory McDonald couldn't put him away and he's a huge 170lber.

Conor outstruck Nate. Yes he gassed, but people are missing two points with Conor v Alvarez. 1.) Alvarez doesn't have Nate's chin. 2.) Alvarez doesn't have Nate's striking.

On the feet it is a complete mismatch. The smart money is on Alvarez trying to grind out a decision with his vastly superior wrestling, but every round starts on the feet, and when he eventually gets hit the way Nate got hit, I expect him to crumble.

My prediction: Conor by TKO within 2. Let's see what happens.

Back