*Serious question for both, Alvarez and McGregor's fans and haters*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
We all know Conor McGregor is a guy people seem to love or hate. That's why any current oponente, as Eddie Alvarez, becomes hated and loved aswell.

So, besides who gets the win, I was wondering...honestly, do you expect this to be a close, decision win by either guy, or do you really believe it would be a KO or a loopsided fight?

The fight is a coin toss in my eyes, but Alvarez has more ways to win. I think Alvarez would be smart to slow this fight down and grind out a decision win. I'm thinking he won't do that and instead one or the other is finished within two rounds or so.

636037943898744347-807020926_AlvarezFirstHook.gif

The fight is a coin toss in my eyes, but Alvarez has more ways to win. I think Alvarez would be smart to slow this fight down and grind out a decision win. I'm thinking he won't do that and instead one or the other is finished within two rounds or so.
Pretty much this

I expect Eddie to fight smart but gritty while using all of the tools available to him. Both can realistically win and I honestly think it will come down to who is better prepared and conditioned on that night.

I've never seen Alvarez go the distance, so I don't know what it would be like.

I wouldn't put money on either of them in this fight, that's how close of a match I think it is.

I think Conor will win inside two rounds though.
Couple things to keep in mind.

We have never seen Conor at 155. He was not able to gain enough weight to make any kind of cut for his fights with Nate, and it is my belief that people are using those recent fights erroneously as some sort of barometer in determining how he'll stack up against Eddie. I think at the weigh in he is going to look fucking menacing- he's taller, longer than Alvarez and that is going to fuck with his head the night before. If he connects with the left Alvarez loses the belt.

I honestly feel Eddie takes it. Conor has very good striking and timing but that's it. Eddie just has more ways to win, and Conor has never faced a guy like Eddie. This will look nothing like either Diaz fight. Eddie has less reach, but is 100x the athlete Diaz is. He doesn't plod around on a front leg and box with hopes he gets taken down to grapple. Also Eddie is a way thicker stronger guy. If he lands the take down he is gonna feel heavy on top of Conor. Eddie is a better wrestler, way more explosive, hits like a ton of bricks and can push Conor around, but doesn't have the combos and reach if Diaz. With that being said Conor can def. win but I give him slightly more than a punchers chance.

I've never seen Alvarez go the distance, so I don't know what it would be like.

I wouldn't put money on either of them in this fight, that's how close of a match I think it is.

I think Conor will win inside two rounds though.
Couple things to keep in mind.

We have never seen Conor at 155. He was not able to gain enough weight to make any kind of cut for his fights with Nate, and it is my belief that people are using those recent fights erroneously as some sort of barometer in determining how he'll stack up against Eddie. I think at the weigh in he is going to look fucking menacing- he's taller, longer than Alvarez and that is going to fuck with his head the night before. If he connects with the left Alvarez loses the belt.

Just watch the Alvarez vs chandler fights. May change your mind. Also have h see. What Eddie looks like at weigh Ins? Dude looks insane. Neither guy will be intimidated.

This fight imo will be one sided. Either Conor catches him or he gets cm punked

I could see Alvarez grinding McGregor against cage for maybe a rd or 2

but there's no way he can deal with Conors power for 5 rds

We all know Conor McGregor is a guy people seem to love or hate. That's why any current oponente, as Eddie Alvarez, becomes hated and loved aswell.

So, besides who gets the win, I was wondering...honestly, do you expect this to be a close, decision win by either guy, or do you really believe it would be a KO or a loopsided fight?
I believe its going to go either 1 of 2 ways....They open up with a slugfest back and forth right from the bell and Ed gets balsy and careless and Conor catches him with a knockout early in the first or right early in the second.

Or...the way its more likely to go, Alvarez takes Conor down and beats him up on the ground for a good portion of the fight eventually finishing a fatigued Conor that is against the fence dropping his hands in the 4th or 5th by TKO

It seems to me like the most probable outcomes are either early KO for Conor or UD for Eddie. I don't see Eddie winning by KO/TKO and I don't see Conor winning by decision.

This is what we call the Nate Diaz effect: you can just sit there an do nuttin' and the haters will suck on your nuts and propel you to near Platinum Mike lel. It is also known as "changing one's bum life". And after Conor leaves, he is like that ex gf that could deep throat and not gag, you just want her back in your bum life to take suck out the bitterness you harbor deep in your bum soul.

after watching eddie vs RDA, i am inclined to say eddie.

I can't help but think that Conor puts this guy away. I can't see any situation where Eddie wins besides taking him down, but I think Conor is in Eddie's head. I think Eddie will try and stand and trade with him and get starched.

I could see Alvarez grinding McGregor against cage for maybe a rd or 2

but there's no way he can deal with Conors power for 5 rds
Everyone's power diminishes when they gas though, so Eddie could probably grind him out of a round or 2 and equalize the power.

Then again, Eddie took Chandler's power for almost 50 minutes, and despite the fact that he's not in the UFC, Chandler is a beast and hits like a freight train.

Eddie has never been slept and he bounces back quick when he gets dropped and frankly Conor doesn't have the wrestling to jump on top and gnp him to a victory if he does drop him.

I think whoever refs this fight may play a larger role than I'd like them to, because if Conor does drop Eddie they might jump in and stop it when they shouldn't. Eddie's looked like he should have been finished a few times and then come back to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back