Sakuraba v Smirnovas would have been stopped early in the UFC - think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In what is arguably the greatest comeback in MMA history, you have Sakuraba getting dropped and beat on hard and the ref lets it go because at no point did he go limp. He took several unanswered blows to the head and was dropped, but it's a fight, right ? The result was one of the greatest comebacks in history.

I'm not saying all fights have to go out as far as this, but these early stoppages like Barnett v Mir need to go.

The Japanese aways wait until a near death experience with their heroes.

What the fuck I just watch?! <{danawhoah}>

This is why I love Japanese fighters, maybe you can beat them, but you will never break them.

Sakuraba is true warrior. It was honor to see any of his fights.

{<goku}

Where did this video go. Thought the internet couldn’t erase shit.

I’m looking for the genghis con vid of this fight that’s in the op. Seems to be gone from the internets

Timestamped.

One of my favourite fights of all time.

To the OP, Saku was definitely out cold eating bombs under the ropes. He was woke back up and the ref gave him time to get back into the ring from under the ropes.

Timestamped.

One of my favourite fights of all time.

To the OP, Saku was definitely out cold eating bombs under the ropes. He was woke back up and the ref gave him time to get back into the ring from under the ropes.

I can find the fight. Was looking for the highlight video. Seems to be gone.

Smirnovas and Galesic are two of the greatest comebacks ever. GOAT doing GOAT things.

You thought that everything that is put on the internet must be accessed forever?

Smirnovas and Galesic are two of the greatest comebacks ever. GOAT doing GOAT things.

You thought that everything that is put on the internet must be accessed forever?
Well I thought it would be there somewhere. I’m sure it is but the algorithms are making me tap out.

I think Smirnovas did ENOUGH to win,despite what happened after.

Sakuraba had to fight back cos the ref would let him die.

The ref break due to Saku being under the ropes is probably the most questionable thing about that fight I'd say, after that it did have an Igor/Ension like quality to it were theres a lot of punishment but perhaps not sustained enough at any period to actually end it?

The ref break due to Saku being under the ropes is probably the most questionable thing about that fight I'd say, after that it did have an Igor/Ension like quality to it were theres a lot of punishment but perhaps not sustained enough at any period to actually end it?
I thought the ref could have stopped it and no one would complain. We already seen Saku take too much punishment as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back