Conor McG vs. Thiago Alves

I'll wait to see if Thiago can make 155 before I give my thoughts on that match up.

The alves that was eating those shots from GSP's crotch would beat Conor.

Alves is a shell of himself now.

I'm scared to see how Alves looks at 155. He's been supposed to have his lw debut for like almost a year now.

Probably Conor, and I say this as a Conor hater. Alves is far too inactive and inconsistent for me to pick him.

Actually, Alves might be one of the biggest disappointments in MMA history. He had so much potential but pretty much all of his prime years were spent either injured, or just being inactive for whatever reason

Last edited:
Actually, Alves might be one of the biggest disappointments in MMA history. He had so much potential but pretty much all of his prime years either injured, or just being inactive for whatever reason

This right here. Was always a fan of Pitbull. Loved watching whenever he fought. However, as you said, he has been injured/inactive so much of his career. Unfortunately, too much time went by between fights to get a solid run for a title shot outside of UFC 100. Hell, it's been over a year since his last fight when he lost to Condit via doctor stoppage.

Look at his record the past 5 years, and you will see how inconsistent he actually has been.

2011 - 2 fights
2012 - 1 fight
2013 - 0 fights
2014 - 1 fight
2015 - 2 fights

That's 6 fights in the past 5 years. Pretty much a 1 fight/year guy. It really is too bad us fans never got to see more of him.

It will be interesting to see how he does at 155, if he can make weight. I think he's too old now and let too much time go by before making his decision to move to 155. If he had focused less on bulking up and more on cutting weight, he might have had the ability to be 155 lb champ in his prime.

What century are we talking? Because if it was a few hundred years back Conor would be a colonizer and would kill women and children.

Because they are Brazilian and not as white as him. Or because they had resources he wanted for his own people?

Discuss.

What century are we talking? Because if it was a few hundred years back Conor would be a colonizer and would kill women and children.

Because they are Brazilian and not as white as him. Or because they had resources he wanted for his own people?

Discuss.

gallery_75266_1131_31449.jpg

I like how you made this when everyone else only makes threads about how Conor vs GSP, Cormier, Cain, Weidman and Jones would go just because they think Conor has no TDD.

TS, Prime Alves or Alves after they crazy glued his brain and the other 12 surgeries he has had?

Back