Would TJ have gotten the title shot if he was still a part of Alpha male?

andy9432

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
We all know that beef sells. And the new owners want money fights cuz they are 2 billion in debts. When cruz fought dillashaw it wasnt a beef between alpha male and cruz because dillashaw left TAM.

IMO its dillashaws own fault. Karma came back to bite him in his ass. Team alpha male is also a far more legit gym than elevation fight team.

I don't think so personally. The 'beef' between Cruz and TAM is the sort of thing only hardcores know or care about. The strongest angle for the rematch is how close the first fight was.

Cruz's commentary gig earns him fans and they want him as champ as a result.

Lorenzo is no longer running teh ufc so no

We all know that beef sells. And the new owners want money fights cuz they are 2 billion in debts. When cruz fought dillashaw it wasnt a beef between alpha male and cruz because dillashaw left TAM.

IMO its dillashaws own fault. Karma came back to bite him in his ass. Team alpha male is also a far more legit gym than elevation fight team.
The beef was only with Faber and it was pretty one-sided from Faber. WTF are you talking about with this karma shit? If Dilly had any goodwill coming it would be for saving a UFC ppv.

I think so - Faber & Dana are like bosom buddies, so if TJ was still there he would get a little favoritism

Cruz's commentary gig earns him fans and they want him as champ as a result.
Anyone who is a fan of Cruz because of his commentary is already a fan of Cruz and would tune in to watch him fight anyone, the UFC is being silly (not saying you're wrong).

And to TS, yes.
Despite being able to sell TJ/Cruz on it being a hardcore fans delight in terms of the style clash and how close the last fight was, and how close fights that have rematches often look different (one guy adjusts and dominates or finishes a lot of the time) they're giving Cruz a gift title defense in the form of Cody No Love because they think they can sell the drama - but again ANYONE who would watch Cruz/Cody would watch TJ/Cruz just as readily.

Nobody extra is tuning in to watch Rousey/Nunes because of Cruz/Cody. There's very few casual bros out there like "Fuck Rousey/Nunes that Cruz/Cody fight is legit brah". And we all know hardcores don't buy PPVs anyway.

cringe.gif

He would've gotten the title shot if he knocked Assuancao out probably.

The beef was only with Faber and it was pretty one-sided from Faber. WTF are you talking about with this karma shit? If Dilly had any goodwill coming it would be for saving a UFC ppv.

Based on their TUF, you could see Faber just saying he beat Dominick once and dropped him after, and Dominick was actually more bitter towards Faber than I thought he would be.

Based on their TUF, you could see Faber just saying he beat Dominick once and dropped him after, and Dominick was actually more bitter towards Faber than I thought he would be.
You sure you quoted the right person? I didn't mention Cruz.

Cruz would have ducked TJ regardless.

TJ isn't getting the title shot because Cruz would rather fight a weaker opponent.

Being that the king of unwarranted title shots is from Team Alpha Male, I'm inclined to say yes?

Back