Cerrone vs Gastleum is a very interesting fight with title implications

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Yes I know, it's not a Conor vs Eddie thread but we are allowed to talk about other fights at UFC 205.

Do not be surprised if the UFC plays games again and puts this winner above Maia in the rankings.

bad match up for Cerrone ..

winner should get n1 contender fight

also make Condit vs Larkin

Yes I know, it's not a Conor vs Eddie thread but we are allowed to talk about other fights at UFC 205.

Do not be surprised if the UFC plays games again and puts this winner above Maia in the rankings.
Forget about Demian Maia, he is not getting a title shot, he killed his brand at UFC 112, the UFC doesn't want to put the WW-divisin title fights at the prelims, which would be very feasible if mr Demian Maia would be champ.
If Cowboy then wins it, they will offer him a title shot for sure! If Cowboy then takes the title, they can make Conor vs Cowboy or like LAwler vs Cowboy and so on. I hope Cowboy wins!!!!!!!!!!

I see Cerrone dominating this fight. Never have been that impressed with Gastelum. Cerrone by head kick.

above Maia?

Gastleum was about to be cut

u serious?

Forget about Demian Maia, he is not getting a title shot, he killed his brand at UFC 112, the UFC doesn't want to put the WW-divisin title fights at the prelims, which would be very feasible if mr Demian Maia would be champ.
If Cowboy then wins it, they will offer him a title shot for sure! If Cowboy then takes the title, they can make Conor vs Cowboy or like LAwler vs Cowboy and so on. I hope Cowboy wins!!!!!!!!!!
yeah... there are so many unknown new parameters regarding the WW division, dunno if thats simple.

Maia could wreck any WW contenders. The Maia fighting today is not the same guy who fought at UFC 112, 6 years ago.

If you want the UFC to turn into WWE, then by all means keep bypassing the top contenders.

Maia WW champ in 2017.

Mini-Cain is underrated, he almost beat Woodley even after a horrible weightcut. Cerrone will have his hands full, great fight and looking forward to it.

Cerrone gets eaten alive, finished in the first by the bigger, stronger fighter

1_003.gif

or he we see beast mode Cerrone and Gastelum finished in the 2nd

bnuDFePbZJJfZsq-YeeoSgs8u1EiVeUZHYR9Q3UMRAs.gif

Barnburner fight

bad match up for Cerrone ..
I kinda agree...can't give any reasons except SIZE . I like both but will be rooting for Cowboy. I also think Cowboy will Up his game even More and Finish Gastelum. He has everything to gain and Nothing ot lose

Mini-Cain is underrated, he almost beat Woodley even after a horrible weightcut. Cerrone will have his hands full, great fight and looking forward to it.

Agree. If Cerrone finishes him, he at the very least will be behind Maia waiting for a title shot in the UFC's eyes. But I think Cerrone will drop down to LW after this fight if he wins. He's beaten Alvarez before and if Conor wins, that's a no brainer. But if Ferguson beats dos Anjos, he has to be next in line.

I think Gastelum will out wrestle and bully him and his striking will be a lot more sharper now he's training at Kings.

Maia will eventually get them...

Every single one.

I love Wonderboy and think he will dominate the division for a very long time...

Unless Maia gets ahold of him.

Agree. If Cerrone finishes him, he at the very least will be behind Maia waiting for a title shot in the UFC's eyes. But I think Cerrone will drop down to LW after this fight if he wins. He's beaten Alvarez before and if Conor wins, that's a no brainer. But if Ferguson beats dos Anjos, he has to be next in line.

I think Gastelum will out wrestle and bully him and his striking will be a lot more sharper now he's training at Kings.
Maia HAS to get the title shot at WW now.

If Cerrone pulls of a win I could see him after Maia at WW, but at LW there's too many contenders now, the division has been held up to long. If Ferg wins he'll 100% get it, else it needs to be Khabib.

Maia HAS to get the title shot at WW now.

If Cerrone pulls of a win I could see him after Maia at WW, but at LW there's too many contenders now, the division has been held up to long. If Ferg wins he'll 100% get it, else it needs to be Khabib.

I agree re: Maia. I think he just has to bide his time for now and wait to see what happens after 205, then have people talking about who is next/asking Dana. A part of me would not be surprised if Cerrone won and Thompson beats Woodley that they'd give Cerrone the title shot. Or they make amends with GSP and have him fight Thompson and Cerrone against Maia for the next shot.

I do think Cerrone will go back to 155 - he's said he would. If it's Alvarez who's still Champion or Conor wins, he'd at least be an option along with Ferguson and Nurmagomedov - if they both win as well. It should be Ferguson if it plays out that way, imo.

Can't wait for Cowboy to feud with Woodley. The trash talk would be like attitude era level "fun".

Back