If you think Jones is GOAT, can you please explain to me why?

NuMe

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Because there can be only one GOAT, as it stands for the 'Greatest of all time'.

I will make it easier: i won't include Fedor, different time, different organizations.

Let's just concentrate on UFC and two guys that are clearly above him: GSP and Andy.

Longest winning streaks: Anderson 16, Jones 13, Gsp 12.
Most title bout wins: Gsp 12, Anderson 11, Jones 10.
Most title defenses: Anderson 10, Gsp 9, Jones 8.
Longest single title reigns: Anderson 2 457 days, Gsp 2 064 days, then Aldo, then Jones with 1 501 days.
Longest combined title reigns: Anderson 2 457 days, Gsp 2 204 days, then Aldo, THEN Hughes, then Jones with 1 501 days.

Anderson lost too many? He is 41, fights money fights now, his legacy isn't ruined. Let's see Jones at 41.
Gsp is a decision machine? Yes, but so is Jones. Last four fights were decisions. He hasn't finished a LHW since 2011.

There is just no valid argument. Deal with it.

No one ever defeated Jon Jones in a fight.

And look, opinions will vary on this subject. It is known. But saying there is no valid argument in support of Jones being the greatest ever is unreasonable and stupid.

In my opinion..Jon Jones is the greatest American fighter and the best fighter i have ever seen since Fedor Emilanenko. Yes Jones is despicable on a personal level in his personal life. When you ignore that fact, he is without question one of the most dominant forces in MMA history. His striking is fantastic and his wrestling is superb. He's beaten a "Murderer's Row" of the MMA world.

No one ever defeated Jon Jones in a fight.

And look, opinions will vary on this subject. It is known. But saying there is no valid argument in support of Jones being the greatest ever is unreasonable and stupid.
Matt Hammill did.
The loss he didn't avenge, unlike Gsp with all of his.

It's not a matter of opinions. It's all facts. That's why there is no valid argument.

Matt Hammill did.

It's not a matter of opinions. It's all facts. That's why there is no valid argument.

1. I never said Jones never lost a fight. I'm one of the minority around here who thinks he deserved to lose. But Matt Hammill didn't beat Jones in combat. Everyone knows that.

2. You don't know what valid means.

His strength of schedule is unmatched by anyone except arguably Georges. His resume isn't littered with losses and cans or losses to cans. Unlike Georges he's done everything undefeated.

That being said he's a cheater and his tainted supplements excuse is BS. Georges still tops the list because the other GOAT candidates are dirty.

He has beaten everyone they put in front of him with only one guy coming close but Jones clearly won.

1. I never said Jones never lost a fight. I'm one of the minority around here who thinks he deserved to lose. But Matt Hammill didn't beat Jones in combat. Everyone knows that.

Exactly. It would be like saying Glenn beat Negan via dq.
negan vs glenn punch out.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I agree.

Anderson Silva is the clear GOAT.

But I have trouble deciding between Jones and GSP... I mean Jones has literally never been defeated, and he's faced top level competition for years and years. And yet his career feels unfinished because it got derailed by personal issues.

The way he dispatched legends.
Legends as in fighters on downside of their careers? Still impressive but some of them are finished or moving down to MW where they probably should've been.

Jones already lost to the Albaqerque PD and USADA. Hard to overlook those losses.

I cant stand Jones, but a decent case can be made for him.

But I put Anderson well above both him and GSP because of THE WAY he did it... plus he's got the best stats too.

Matt Hammill did.

I wanted to reply but you are clearly trolling so nevermind

His strength of schedule is unmatched by anyone except arguably Georges. His resume isn't littered with losses and cans or losses to cans. Unlike Georges he's done everything undefeated.

That being said he's a cheater and his tainted supplements excuse is BS. Georges still tops the list because the other GOAT candidates are dirty.

Another fact: Gsp has 17 TOP10 wins, Anderson 16, Jones...9

Legends as in fighters on downside of their careers? Still impressive but some of them are finished or moving down to MW where they probably should've been.
I dont know if they were on the downside of their careers. And if hey were, he still beats them in their prime.

7b1f4e9db13c1809c64cdd24c0efd690.jpg

While he clearly destroyed Hamill being a dirty fighter cost him. He always fights dirty and it should called more often.

I dont know if they were on the downside of their careers. And if hey were, he still beats them in their prime.
Shogun and rampage were while machida and rashad should've been MWs. I'll give him DC and Gus. Also sonnen and vitor are MWs.

Back