Is Rafael Dos Anjos vs Tony Ferguson The Best Non Title Fight In 2016?

ChosenMMA

Part Of DC Nation & The Cruz & Velasquez Wagon
@purple
Reaction score
In my opinion it is, very intrigued by this fight and still yet to decide on a winner, only a few weeks away now.

Velasquez/Werdum is another one coming up.

Wouldn't argue with anybody who picks McGregor/Diaz, few outsiders are Linekar/Dodson, Arlovski/Barnett etc.

There have been a lot of good match ups with lower ranked guys to, but RDA/Ferguson has my vote.

In terms of up and comers, Garbrandt and Almeida were the 2 youngest, hottest, most potential filled porspects that fought.

Furgason has a great ground game, but mr. slippery mat is gonna get wrecked in the stand up by RDA

This fight is gonna be awesome, potential FOTY.

Holloway vs Pettis has potential to be an amazing striking match. Nate vs conor 2 is best so far imo.

Holloway vs Pettis has potential to be an amazing striking match. Nate vs conor 2 is best so far imo.

I hope so.
Holloway has been looking outstanding as of late.
Pettis hasn't look good in a long time. Even his drop to 145 was "great" like people think is was.

Weidman/Romero, RDA/Tony and Max/Showtime are all epic matchups. People hype Alvarez/Conor, but that fight doesn't excite me nearly as much.

This and Pettis Holloway. Two fights I'm looking forward to. However, there are interesting match-ups at middle weight, too...

I hope so.
Holloway has been looking outstanding as of late.
Pettis hasn't look good in a long time. Even his drop to 145 was "great" like people think is was.
I think Pettis will have an easier weight cut and won't gass out in the 2nd round like he did against Olivera

Rockhold-Jacare 2 as well

romero vs weidman will belong in this category too. so would jacare vs rockhold.

I think Pettis will have an easier weight cut and won't gass out in the 2nd round like he did against Olivera

He's going to need to make sure he doesn't gas out. Nothing bad to say about Olivera, but this is Holloway he's fighting.

Weidman/Romero, RDA/Tony and Max/Showtime are all epic matchups. People hype Alvarez/Conor, but that fight doesn't excite me nearly as much.
i am getting just a tiny bit excited for the alvarez v conor fight now. but thats just now since its 10 or so days away.

but yeah for the 205 card i am most excited for romero vs weidman.

On paper it's right up there. But so were the disappointing Rory vs Wonderboy and Hunt vs Brock.

McGregor vs Diaz is in front as 2016 goes. The one i'm most looking forward to is Cub vs Choi

In terms of up and comers, Garbrandt and Almeida were the 2 youngest, hottest, most potential filled porspects that fought.
Stop it, neither of them had a ranked win and Almeida still doesn't have one, RDA vs. Ferg > 2 hype jobs

Back