Why doesn't Bisping call out a 205?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
After handpicking 45 year old Dan Henderson for his title defense, and almost having it blow up in his face, Bisping is now calling out a guy who's fought his entire career at 170, and hasn't even been an active fighter in 3 years.

Bisping on the other hand fought at 205. Why isn't he calling out Rumble, or Gus, or Cormier if he wants a high profile fight while a clear MW contender emerges?

I used to consider Serra the weakest modern era UFC champ, but thinking about it now at least Serra gave GSP a rematch for his very first title defense. Bisping is just straight pathetic lol, I wonder if really believes he's the champion of UFC MW's when he looks in the mirror?

People are being pretty dumb about this whole thing. It's a money fight - that's why Bisping wants it but he wouldn't even be favourite to win so it's not like calling someone out just because they're 'smaller' than you.

He didn't handpick anyone. The UFC called and offered him Hendo (they were throwing him a bone) and he accepted. There's also nothing wrong with him calling out GSP. GSP himself expressed interest in it, all the MWs are fighting someone else, and it's in Toronto.

He didn't handpick anyone. The UFC called and offered him Hendo (they were throwing him a bone) and he accepted. There's also nothing wrong with him calling out GSP. GSP himself expressed interest in it, all the MWs are fighting someone else, and it's in Toronto.
Should I post the link from July where Bisping says he wants either Hendo or GSP for his first title defense?

he's calling out 2 WW's who have previously stated they want to fight him.... all other contenders are booked, whats the issue?

An insta-shot at a belt.
GSP retired with a belt, and the status of arguably the greatest martial artist of all time and UFC's biggest draw. What the fuck does he need from Bisping, no one even takes him as champ seriously lol.

Should I post the link from July where Bisping says he wants either Hendo or GSP for his first title defense?

In the same interview he said Jacare was a viable contender and in the running. He's not ducking anyone, he just genuinely thought Weidman didn't deserve a title shot coming off of a loss, and I agree with him. None of the fights against those contenders was even offered yet

Bisping himself later said the UFC called him and offered Dan Henderson, so he accepted.

In the same interview he said Jacare was a viable contender and in the running. He's not ducking anyone, he just genuinely thought Weidman didn't deserve a title shot coming off of a loss, and I agree with him. None of the fights against those contenders was even offered yet

Bisping himself later said the UFC called him and offered Dan Henderson, so he accepted.
He also said Romero didn't deserve a shot. Now you cant see how dumb that sounds? He doesn't think Romero and Weidman deserve a shot, but he made zero comments about Hendo and deserve, and is calling out GSP and Nick?

He also said Romero didn't deserve a shot. Now you cant see how dumb that sounds? He doesn't think Romero and Weidman deserve a shot, but he made zero comments about Hendo and deserve, and is calling out GSP and Nick?

Romero had just gotten suspended and arguably lost his fight against Jacare who Bisping coincidentally was vocally alright with fighting. He still didn't turn down any fights or handpick anyone like you said. He was also asked about GSP first, he didn't flat out say "I want GSP"

"But, whether it's Georges St-Pierre, Dan Henderson, Jacare Souza, whoever it is, please line them up and I will knock them down."

Because he'd lose. I saw nothing in the Henderson fight to suggest he wouldn't lose to a one legged 185 pound GSP coming in on a 3 year layoff as well.

Romero had just gotten suspended and arguably lost his fight against Jacare who Bisping coincidentally was vocally alright with fighting. He still didn't turn down any fights or handpick anyone like you said. He was also asked about GSP first, he didn't flat out say "I want GSP"

"But, whether it's Georges St-Pierre, Dan Henderson, Jacare Souza, whoever it is, please line them up and I will knock them down."
He ended up fighting Hendo, it was a joke no matter how you wanna spin it. I'm not blaming Bisping completely, the UFC has become a stupid like that... but let's be serious, Bisping holding that belt and getting fights vs retiring legends and WW's is a mockery. The guy gets squashed by most of the top 10, and even by the senior citizens depending on how you judge fights. Him holding up the belt for money fights makes my stomach turn.

After handpicking 45 year old Dan Henderson for his title defense, and almost having it blow up in his face, Bisping is now calling out a guy who's fought his entire career at 170, and hasn't even been an active fighter in 3 years.

Bisping on the other hand fought at 205. Why isn't he calling out Rumble, or Gus, or Cormier if he wants a high profile fight while a clear MW contender emerges?

I used to consider Serra the weakest modern era UFC champ, but thinking about it now at least Serra gave GSP a rematch for his very first title defense. Bisping is just straight pathetic lol, I wonder if really believes he's the champion of UFC MW's when he looks in the mirror?

He already did. He offered to fight DC on short notice at 200. Dana stupidley turned him down.

He already did. He offered to fight DC on short notice at 200. Dana stupidley turned him down.
Sure he probably asked for Anderson Silva money, and Dana said "fuck you, for Anderson Silva money I'll just get Anderson Silva".

But on a serious note I doubt Bisping was ever gonna seriously fight DC, that's just wolf tickets.

He's scared to rematch silva and not be on his jankymouf home turf

I'd be fine with the GSP fight.

But Butt-Hurt Mousasi should be getting the Bisping fight way before Diaz.

The new Moose and Bisping would have a far better trash talking war than mumbling Diaz too.

Back