Were there troll threads and messages about fighters similar to McGregor & Perry on sherdog?

HendricksPunch

Quick jab by Hendricks
@Blue
Reaction score
Trying to explain this well. When McGregor was on the rise, people were shouting GOAT and whatnot, some were serious, some were trolling. I don't know who the hell was kidding and who wasn't. Same with Perry. Were there any other fighters on Sherdog who had these deluded expectations behind them, trolling or not?

Pendred but it was more a Reddit thing.

Yeah but trolls were better before. Now, they are baaaaaad

#SageBless

Thatch was hyped for a while, no one will remember those days.

It happens whenever a fighter has a beakout performance. is normal. Someone makes a psuedoserious thread, people jump on the bandwagon ironically and it grows.

Akiyama was a big one for a long time.

Dude, they still do with Shogun. and they'be been doing it since like, 04. Don't you see the amount of Shogun nuthuggers past 50 yrs old here EVERYDAY saying "GP SHOGUN BEST FIGHTER EVER HURR DURR"

" SHOGUN BEST FIGHT SOCCKER KICKS ALLOWED UFC RULES PUSSY HURR DURR"

Sherdoggers are and have always been like that from the start, is not trolling, is real, believe you me buddeh.

And one more thing..

#PlatinumBless

Even if there were the former mods were strict and banned easily.
The new mods, calling them pushovers would be putting it nicely. Yellow carded couldn't even make threads

Before the trolls were good. They would have a thought out 2 paragraph thread, with an absurd sentence or two that everyone would quote and jump on. They usually chose one of the popular fighters, who had a crazy fan base. They did research and were very hard to tell if they were trolling unless you knew that account.

Now a days trolls are lazy and there's still people that believe every word they say. It's sad really

Lando Vannata is next if he has a nice finish in his upcoming fight.

Last edited:
Pendred but it was more a Reddit thing.
I cant believe that dude had fans lmao. I have never watched a fighter where i legitimately cheer for them to lose. I couldn't wait till that scrub got cut. He didn't even stick around long enough to give me that moment.

Permanent rustle.

Dude, they still do with Shogun. and they'be been doing it since like, 04. Don't you see the amount of Shogun nuthuggers past 50 yrs old here EVERYDAY saying "GP SHOGUN BEST FIGHTER EVER HURR DURR"

" SHOGUN BEST FIGHT SOCCKER KICKS ALLOWED UFC RULES PUSSY HURR DURR"

Sherdoggers are and have always been like that from the start, is not trolling, is real, believe you me buddeh.

And one more thing..

#PlatinumBless
You're comparing appreciation of a living mma legend, with shameless nutriding of some attention whore nobody wigger who barely won a rock'em sock'em robot fight with some other no name in some irrelevant undercard fight?

Imagine if internet was like it is now when Shogun burst on the scene.

It's always been a shithole, but it's shittier now. More people and the art has been lost :(

Trying to explain this well. When McGregor was on the rise, people were shouting GOAT and whatnot, some were serious, some were trolling. I don't know who the hell was kidding and who wasn't. Same with Perry. Were there any other fighters on Sherdog who had these deluded expectations behind them, trolling or not?

Whats a "McGregor" ?

upload_2016-10-26_17-8-22.png

Back