If MMA went old school would you still watch?

Roca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Like way back before there was all the trash talk, and showmanship. When people still brought unique styles to the fight, when real men came out and fought each other instead of scoring points, before there was judges and referees, when men used to battle each other in the nude and anything goes was the name of the game. Real Old-School. Would you still watch or do you like modern MMA better?

LOL
I'd go back to watching if the UFC tried a return to earned titles and earned title shots. There've been exceptions before, that I largely didn't agree with.
But this McUFC is too watered down with silly nonsense for me.

bring back old ufc with no time limits so we can see dudes circle each other for 17 mins

Wait, what? You had me until "nude"

Like way back before there was all the trash talk, and showmanship. When people still brought unique styles to the fight, when real men came out and fought each other instead of scoring points, before there was judges and referees, when men used to battle each other in the nude and anything goes was the name of the game. Real Old-School. Would you still watch or do you like modern MMA better?

I would start buying PPV's again.

The format was a thousand times better before. Also, tournaments please.

I'm not watching two naked guys roll, I don't care what you call it.

UFC was great before it became WWE with all the gimmicks and fixed fights.

Everybody loves what they think is the past.

Truth is Conor going to cut your thread clean off and Brock going to pound it into oblivion and Jones going to snort what's left so get over the whining TS.

Difficult to say as I have never seen grown men fight naked - the thought is strangely arousing though

No homo

bring back old ufc with no time limits so we can see dudes circle each other for 17 mins

This, tons of vale tudo and old-school MMA fights were way more boring than anything you can see nowadays. IVC was the perfect exemple: it was either a guy getting destroyed in three minutes or 25 minutes of guys stuck in the guard.

Difficult to say as I have never seen grown men fight naked - the thought is strangely arousing though

No homo

Hope it doesn't fall under the nudity rule since everything is very brief and blurry:

Much better now. Those early UFC's are terrible to watch now. Even the finishes are usually crap.

I would be fine getting rid of rounds and judges, but never gonna happen.

As for 'unique styles' we still have those. But we're not going back to a time when guys came in knowing only 1 discipline (if that). I wouldn't be interested if a company sprang up doing toughman competitions (probably still watch if nothing else is on, but whatever).

How old school are you talking?
Because motherfuckers carrying crosses to the ring is showmanship, and there was a lot of trash talk in the early days

I'm confused on what you think old school MMA was?

How old school are you talking?
Because motherfuckers carrying crosses to the ring is showmanship, and there was a lot of trash talk in the early days

I'm confused on what you think old school MMA was?

I described all that in my post

What in the fuck was that

Just a friendly German singer with a sweet voice.

tumblr_neqmoe4xOH1s2cmzeo1_500.jpg

Nude female MMA would bring a lot more eyes to MMA. Paige Van Zant vs Michelle Waterson would be very interesting. Not old school, but definitely a good idea. Certain female fighters would have to agree to a "never nude" clause though.

Back