Jessica Eye taking a year off before a last chance in the UFC

She shouldn't be getting a last chance, as much as I like her.

I'm happy for her. But how the hell does she not get cut after this many losses.

giphy.gif

I wouldn't mind having her fight elsewhere to get some wins under her belt and get her resigned by the UFC.

I usually like to think a fighter is better than their record if it's a losing one.
But I'm afraid Jessica's record is reflective of her skill relative to the division.

The UFC loaned Jessamyn Duke out to Invicta to try and get her an easy win or two. They should do the same for Eye.

omg shes taking a year off,shes running from the sport like ronda! i hope someone got footage of her when she got off the plane after her loss!

It's kind of crazy how the more proven vet Kaufman was released with a lot fewer losses. Granted one was to Eye but it was a controversial decision and got overturned to an NC, the others were a split decision to Shevchenko and a sub by Davis both of whom are top notch.

Wait she is still not cut? If that won't tell you how shallow is Wbantamweight, then i don't know what is...

Much better fighters have been released for less. Female privilege at its finest.

The UFC loaned Jessamyn Duke out to Invicta to try and get her an easy win or two. They should do the same for Eye.
Didn't wprk out too well for Duke. She got blasted by Irene Aldana, and submitted by Cindy Dandois. Same would happen to Eye, hopefully allowing both ladies to punch their ticket into the UFC.

In 7 UFC fights she has a total of 1 win.......

They PURPOSELY gave her a tailored made opponent for her last fight (someone who would strike with her and not try to wrestler her) and yet she STILL found a way to look terrible

I'm usually not against someone losing there job, but this is pathetic (now they are potentially letting her taking a full year off and still be allowed to come back ?).

I don't see how taking a year off is going to help her. She's regressed as a fighter and needs to stop shadow boxing.

If anything, it should be the opposite. She would want to fight ASAP and start being aggressive like she use to be.

Well she's smart about it. She gets to keep her health insurance for another year and try to get better.

Well she's smart about it. She gets to keep her health insurance for another year and try to get better.

She needs to try and go to 115 i know she used to be a 125er and seems undersized for 135

Back