Amanda Nunes training Vs Valentina Shevchenko training Vs Felice Herrig training

heemman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sherdoggers have to rate the quickness, balance and coordination from to 1 to 5 for all the fighters

Great body on Shevchenko.

My girl training

hula-hulasquirrel.gif

Nunes scares the shit out of me.

Nunes was just moving through poses for a photographer.
Herrig was keeping it light because her partner was not using pads.

Sherdoggers have to rate the quickness, balance and coordination from to 1 to 5 for all the fighters

Nunes is slow.

Quickness = 2
Balance = 3
Coordination = 2

Valentina is the most explosive.

Quickness = 5
Balance = 4
Coordination = 4

Herrig is horrible. She needs to just quit.

Quickness = 1
Balance = 1
Coordination = 1

EmRkZSa.gif

1ChuX0p.gif

Ronda throws with the most power. Not surprising since she's the only one of these 4 who has actually face planted someone else with 1 punch.

Quickness = 4
Balance = 4
Coordination 4

Nunes is slow.

Quickness = 2
Balance = 3
Coordination = 2

Valentina is the most explosive.

Quickness = 5
Balance = 4
Coordination = 4

Herrig is horrible. She needs to just quit.

Quickness = 1
Balance = 1
Coordination = 1

Ronda throws with the most power. Not surprising since she's the only one of these 4 who has actually face planted someone else with 1 punch.

Quickness = 4
Balance = 4
Coordination 4

And her feet are so damn wide it is no wonder why she has no footwork. Holy shit that is bad.

Isn't Ronda also the only one who fell over trying to punch someone? And you give her a 4 for balance? Your bias again clouds your judgement.

And her feet are so damn wide it is no wonder why she has no footwork. Holy shit that is bad.

Ronda's foot placement is perfectly aligned at the correct angles. Even if her stance is little wider than "traditional" boxing technique it's actually a good thing for mma because it helps to prevent take downs. She's turning her hips and driving the punch. It's correct technique. I know it's cool to shit all over her striking but in training it's good and Bas Rutten has even mentioned how perfect it looked for her open workout at UFC 190. It's in a real fight that she loses technique and falls back on bad habits. That can only be fixed with repetition.

Isn't Ronda also the only one who fell over trying to punch someone?

No, you're thinking of Cyborg. Cyborg gets so wild with her punches and throws everything with maximum effort she sometimes misses and falls over. Go watch some of her older fights on youtube, you'll see it.

And you give her a 4 for balance?

Yes because based on the video she has good balance, even though she's only training a specific punch in the video, which is a liver punch.

Your bias again clouds your judgement.

I don't think so. I watched each video closely.

@ArtOfDrowning can give us a better opinion
giphy.gif

Nunes and Val looks fine. Nunes is shooting for commercial or something like that. Val looks on point.

Felice is arm punching but I think they are working on how to mix in kicks so its not at Ronda level bad. I legit can't remember who has worse striking than Ronda, even in shadow boxing clips. Maybe Bethe LOL

Last edited:
Ronda's foot placement is perfectly aligned at the correct angles. Even if her stance is little wider than "traditional" boxing technique it's actually a good thing for mma because it helps to prevent take downs. She's turning her hips and driving the punch. It's correct technique. I know it's cool to shit all over her striking but in training it's good and Bas Rutten has even mentioned how perfect it looked for her open workout at UFC 190. It's in a real fight that she loses technique and falls back on bad habits. That can only be fixed with repetition.

Perfectly? No one's stance is ever perfect. Your delusional Ronda-worship is getting the better of you again. I know why a wide stance would be good, hers is too wide, and her shoulder movement is fucked because of it. But I have only been striking 40 years, what do I know?

No, you're thinking of Cyborg. Cyborg gets so wild with her punches and throws everything with maximum effort she sometimes misses and falls over. Go watch some of her older fights on youtube, you'll see it.

No, I am not. Ronda landed on one knee after Holly ducked under one of many shitty Ronda strikes, and you know it. If you decide to ignore this fact, welcome to acting like your little friend, Concrete Whale.

Yes because based on the video she has good balance, even though she's only training a specific punch in the video, which is a liver punch.

No, her feet are too wide to have good balance. She has decent balance in one plane, but along the coronal plane, her balance is practically non-existent.

I don't think so. I watched each video closely.

You are half right. When it comes to Ronda, you do not think.

Back