Who would you pick - Bisping vs GSP

Who would you pick - Bisping vs GSP

• Total voters

fractal

93andbeyond.com
@red
Reaction score
If a mod could add a poll, that'd be great.

I see this being a very winnable fight for GSP, if he returned in the form he left as, or better in the form he was against Alves and Fitch.

Bisping would have a size advantage but is not a heavy hitter or a strong wrestler. The combination of which worked badly against GSP in Hendricks.

I could see GSP staying on the outside and shooting for TDs when Bisping tried to close in. Also using a lot of kicks since there isn't much threat of TDs.

Yes Bisping KOed Luke, but GSP isn't one to be lazy and leave his chin hanging out there. Anyway it could be a very interesting fight. It all depends on GSP form after this long layoff. It would be amazing to see GSP take the MW title, and Bisping is by far GSP's easiest opportunity to take the MW title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bisping wears GSP down throughout the course of the fight by constantly punching him in the fist with his face.

Bisping wears GSP down throughout the course of the fight by constantly punching him in the fist with his face.

Yes because he is so easy to punch. Other than the Hendricks fight he hasn't taken much damage in any fight. And before that it was Penn 1.

Against Hendricks GSP had to engage. He couldn't take JH down. Had to stop takedowns. And if I remember right, he took bulk to of the damage against the cage.

Bisping can do that, being the bigger guy. Hold him against the cage and land shots in the clinch. It's just not his style and I can't see him doing it well regardless of the size advantage. But he also has to worry about being taken down.

Both guys are light strikers who like to stay on the outside. Could end up being a very very boring match.

EDIT: quoted the wrong post.

GSP obviously. Bisping is a nancy.

Bisping. He has nothing to fear with GSP who is no doubt rusty as hell. He would light him up on the feet and won't fade either.

Yes because he is so easy to punch. Other than the Hendricks fight he hasn't taken much damage in any fight. And before that it was Penn 1

GSP got clocked by Nick, Condit and Shields. I love the man, but this is flat out wrong.

Bisping. He has nothing to fear with GSP who is no doubt rusty as hell. He would light him up on the feet and won't fade either.

GSP will be leading the action,not Bisping and he'll jab his face in.
Bisping won't touch him much and much less hurt him with strikes.

He'll take Bisping down and control him and pound him out throughout the fight.
GSP's cardio is better too.
Hendo's corpse nearly beat Bisping.
GSP 50-45,or late finish.

GSP got clocked by Nick, Condit and Shields. I love the man, but this is flat out wrong.
Condit yea, with that big headkick. But Nick and Shields? Cmon man, it's a fight. They are going to take some punches. Nothing either guy landed in their fights was damaging whatsoever.

Yes because he is so easy to punch. Other than the Hendricks fight he hasn't taken much damage in any fight. And before that it was Penn 1.

Against Hendricks GSP had to engage. He couldn't take JH down. Had to stop takedowns. And if I remember right, he took bulk to of the damage against the cage.

Bisping can do that, being the bigger guy. Hold him against the cage and land shots in the clinch. It's just not his style and I can't see him doing it well regardless of the size advantage. But he also has to worry about being taken down.

Both guys are light strikers who like to stay on the outside. Could end up being a very very boring match.

EDIT: quoted the wrong post.

I think you may have misread my post...

GSP will be leading the action,not Bisping and he'll jab his face in.
Bisping won't touch him much and much less hurt him with strikes.

He'll take Bisping down and control him and pound him out throughout the fight.
GSP's cardio is better too.
Hendo's corpse nearly beat Bisping.
GSP 50-45,or late finish.

Hendo has insane KO power. GSP doesn't. Bisping would beat him on the feet handily.

GSP doesn't have the power to hurt Bisping and he doesn't have the size to take him down repeatedly. Bisping wins comfortably. GSP would be wise to stay at WW. He cant hang in the top ten at MW.

Also: Lol at people saying GSP by finish. He can't finish WW. He isn't finishing a MW with superior striking.

Hendo has insane KO power. GSP doesn't. Bisping would beat him on the feet handily.

GSP's stand up > Bisping's.
Lol you're deluded if you think otherwise,he's always in the centre so Bisping will follow him.

Watch the Jason Miller fight.GSP dominated the bigger guy who came from MW and that's how against Bisping it'll look like.

GSP
I struggle to envision Mike winning unless he catches him

Back